I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Project Healing Waters
Posted by: David Spence (---.scansafe.net)
Date: February 18, 2014 09:07AM

It was my distinct pleasure last night to speak to a group of veterans from Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing, Crystal Coast Program on the topic of fishing rod building. These disabled vets are entered in a national rod building contest with all the other national chapters. A good many of these veterans sustained psychological injuries during deployments and the Project Healing Waters uses fly fishing, fly tying and now rod building as a way of healing these battle scars. Hook and Hackle donated ten rod-building kits with gorgeous gloss green 6-wt. blanks for the competition. The group was enthusiastic and I was honored to be with these heroes. I referred them to this site and this site's sponsors and many will no doubt be on the forum for advice. I know from experience that the board here will welcome them. I told them, "register, log-in, tell them you are a "newbie" and the advice avalanche will commence! On their behalf, thank you for your help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Project Healing Waters
Posted by: Capt. Craig Freeman (---.hampton.k12.va.us)
Date: February 18, 2014 10:14AM

Great group!! I worked with a group of vets at Ft. Eustis in Va, through this organization a few years ago and it was an incredible experience. These guys and gals are truly amazing and great heroes. Like you, I was honored to share the craft of rod building to such incredible individuals!

Posted by: Bill Batson (---.wavecable.com)
Date: February 18, 2014 11:14AM

Project Healing Waters is a GREAT organization..I know Hook and Hackle company does a great job supporting the cause. Thank you Hook and Hackle Company.
The Batson Family and TEAM are honored to be part of this great organization.
If you ever get a chance to participate please do, it does make a difference.
Thank you to all Vets and active military personel.
Freedom is not FREE..And we live in the greatest

Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises
Rainshadow/Forecast/ALPS product lines.

Posted by: James(Doc) Labanowski (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: February 18, 2014 05:38PM

Excellent National program. I have been involved with the Long Beach Programs for the about 3 years. This year is the biggest group ever. Bill really came to the plate in the past and I can tell you they really appreciate any help they receive. The Long Beach group also benefited from the excellent seminars on feather work of Terry Hensen. It is so wonderrful to watch the growth and smiles The Program on rod building runs usually from Jan thr Mar. If any of you ever get a chance to help your local program I an assure you it will be an experiance you will never forget.

Posted by: Randolph Ruwe (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: February 19, 2014 03:30PM

Let me know if there are any of these Vets that might need help in the Edmonds, WA area. I would be happy to be a part of it. Randy

Posted by: Robert Moody (---.par.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: February 22, 2014 01:37PM

I am proud as a participant on this forum to see so many caring individuals. Anything that we as a group can do to help our heroes is always much appreciated. The attitude in this country is much different than when I returned in 1971. Back then we had to sneak through the airport in civilian clothes to not be singled out, but that was in another era. We now honor those that go in harm's way to protect our freedom and they need us more than ever. Whatever we can do to ease their pain upon returning is next to nothing compared to what they have endured. Sorry for the rant but I am ver passionate about this as a veteran Knowing what I went through.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster