I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod Buildings BIGGEST Thing
Posted by: Ken Finch (---.)
Date: February 11, 2014 12:20PM

I cannot think of anything else that happens all year in the rod building world that even begins to compare to the ICRBE. When you put the world's best seminars and instructors in the same hall with all the best suppliers and manufacturers of rod building goods, with thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of rod blanks, components, tools and the best prices of the year, plus toss in the Reception held for magazine subscribers, plus the chance to talk to custom rod builders from all over the world, you have what has to be the single biggest thing that goes on in the rod building universe each year. If there is anything out there that offers even a fraction of what the ICRBE does for custom builders I sure haven't seen it. And if you think I'm getting excited about next weekend you'd be right!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod Buildings BIGGEST Thing
Posted by: Brandon Clingerman (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: February 11, 2014 02:36PM

I'm excited also this will be my first time at this event and with all the talk sounds like it is just awesome. ... been talking about it for months, now its just right @ the corner...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2014 02:37PM by Brandon Clingerman.

Posted by: David Dosser (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: February 11, 2014 08:27PM

This is the first year that I will miss in the last 4 years. My "regular" job is hindering my ability to attend this year and I am NOT happy about it at all. Looking forward to seeing some pictures and hearing all about it though.

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Posted by: Don Morse (71.10.58.---)
Date: February 11, 2014 08:32PM

This will be my second year of many more to come!! Gonna miss you Dave, I guess your real job just don't understand the importance.

Posted by: David Dosser (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: February 11, 2014 08:36PM

Exactly!

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lns16.ken.bigpond.net.au)
Date: February 11, 2014 10:36PM

For anyone who hasn't been before or thinking of going then just do it!
I found it more than worthwhile to travel from Australia last year and would love to be there again this year but unfortunately it can't happen. There is also a lot more going on than just the Expo, ie lots of top builders to spend time with for as long as you want. New guys to meet, manufactures and retailers, etc etc etc.
Hope you all have a great time and Tom will do his usual, put on something that is great value. If you don't subscribe to Rodmaker then your going to miss out badly on the Saturday night reception even if you don't win a prize.
Don Morse have a really good one and see if you can keep Mark Newcombe out of trouble!!

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: Scott Hovanec (---.sub-70-199-7.myvzw.com)
Date: February 12, 2014 03:07PM

This is the first year I'm not overly excited. Could be because I don't have anything ready to go. This time last year, I had everything ready to load in the trailer. I just started prepping last night and we still have to price and inventory everything! February came around fast this year!

Posted by: James Zimmerman (---.lightspeed.rlghnc.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 14, 2014 01:29AM

I'm excited that it's only an hour and a half away! I lucked out on that one lol!

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: February 14, 2014 09:01PM

Hello James.

It's on Feb 22 & 23 not Feb 15 & 16 (U.S. time), so what's up with the "I'm excited that it's only hour and a half away!"?

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: James Zimmerman (---.lightspeed.rlghnc.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 17, 2014 06:32PM

only an hour and a half away travel time from Raleigh, should have specified that ;)

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: February 17, 2014 07:17PM

Hello James

Ahhhh!

Now I see, I'm 4-5hrs travel time.(out in the woods near Bridgeton NC).

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster