I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Batson Ent at Fred Hall show in Long Beach, CA
Posted by: Bill Batson (---.wavecable.com)
Date: January 27, 2014 03:23PM

We just wanted to make an official announcement that the Batson Team and the products we supply this great industry (Rainshadow/Forecast/ALPS) will be displaying at the Fred Hall show in Long Beach, CA March 5-9th.We will have a 700 sq ft booth dedicated to the Custom Rod Market. Our main purpose is to inform the fishing enthusiast about the ART/CRAFT of rod building and educating fisherman about customization of there fishing tools. There are many advantages to having the perfect tool/fishing rod for every specie, technique and application and we want to share that with anyone who is interested.

We will be educating the consumers in our booth for a solid 5 days with endless seminars and featured Rod Builders. We will be hosting some of the finest builders in CA such as the World Famous Doc Ski, Jim Trelikes (Web Spinner Custom Rods) (Salty Dawg custom rods) Brent Ikari ( Sato Custom rods) Ken Bush ( Ken Bush Custom rods) Victor Standridge ( Vic's Custom Rods) special guests from the San Diego Rod Builders Club Steve Tomiyama, Don Castor and more are signing up as we type>> We will be posting a full detailed schedule once the event gets closer. I am sure there will be more folks wanting to help (Please contact me directly if you would like to help, more the merrier)The demos will range from Weaves, marbling, photo wraps, cord work, turks heads to the basic changing of a tip top to basic wraps to fix a broken guide.

The Batson Family is 3 generations ( 1st> Bob Batson, 2nd> Bill & Karry Batson, 3rd>Keller Batson) into this great craft/art/industry. We started as custom rod builders back in 70's and have been very blessed to grow this company into one of the largest wholesale suppliers of rod building components in the World. We are a US family owned and operated company that supports 400 wholesale accounts worldwide and feeds thousands of families. We have 22 in house professionals/Team members here to serve this industry. And we have a REAL passion for the industry.

We are also doing a custom rod giveaway. We have asked some of the finest builders in the industry to donate there time and talents to build some rods to give away, Batson donated the parts. We will be giving away at least 15 CUSTOM RODS in a 5 day period, we will be doing 3 drawings a day. These rods will be available to the our armed forces, children and the general public>> one drawing for each catagory, each day of the 5 day event.
Come out and support our efforts>>If you have any questions please contact me directly.

All comments are welcome>>
More details to come>>

Thank you to all that support what we do, this would not be possible with out you all.

Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises
877-875-2381
bill@batsonenterprises.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Batson Ent at Fred Hall show in Long Beach, CA
Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 29, 2014 11:15AM

Bill,

I am really glad to hear you will be at the Fred Hall Show in Long Beach this year. I attend every year, (I am addicted to Bass Fishing as well as rod building). I do not believe I have ever seen a rod component company at the Fred Hall Show in past years, which is amazing. I can't wait to check out the Revelation rod blanks to see how they compare to the Rainshadow RX8 & Rx8+.

We don't get the rod building seminars out here in CA, like those lucky guys do back east!

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2014 11:17AM by Donald R Campbell.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster