I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Looking for Tiptop 8(10) and/or 8(11) Ring Size 8 and Tip Size 10 or 11
Posted by: Lam Nguyen (162.119.64.---)
Date: January 23, 2014 10:46AM

A friend would like me to put together a Lamiglas GSB 132-2L and GSB 132-2M rod to plunk for springer salmon here in the West Coast. These are the Lamiglas G1000 surf blanks. They are 11', 2-piece and rated 30lb line (Light Power) or 40lb line (Medium Power). Below is the Lamiglas link to these blanks:

[www.lamiglas.com]

My friend would like to use ring sizes 8, 10, 12 and 16 stripper. I am struggling to find a tip top with a ring size 8 and a tip top size 10 (for the GSB 132-2L) or tip top size 11 (for the GSB 132-2M). Do any of you know where I can find these tip tops?

Thank you in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking for Tiptop 8(10) and/or 8(11) Ring Size 8 and Tip Size 10 or 11
Posted by: David Miller (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: January 23, 2014 11:00AM

Give Utmost Enterprises a call, one of the sponsors on the left. I bought some tip tops on clearance from them their customer service is excellent and cheap shipping too.

Date: January 23, 2014 11:02AM

Thank you David. I will give Utmost Enterprises a call.

Posted by: Randolph Ruwe (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: January 23, 2014 01:50PM

Which guides are you planning to use, it would be easier to find the tops if we knew which guides.

Date: January 23, 2014 02:13PM

It doesn't matter which guides since I know I can't be selective because not many companies, if any, make guides with ring size 8 and tip sizes 10 and 11. These are mainly for the Columbia River application so they won't be exposed to salt water. My friend would much prefer titanium rings and frame (yes, I know, they are way overkill for a plunking rod....but that's what he wants) but he understands the limitations. They also have to be double foot guides and able to handle monofilament up to 40lbs line test. I am looking into Alps Forecast guides right now since a staff member from Utmost Enterprises said that they do carry tip tops in the sizes I am looking for.

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: January 23, 2014 09:10PM

Hello Lam.

MudHole has a Pacific Bay Minima CP4CT-8-10, and a Minima XP4XT-8-10.

Good Luck on the 11's.

Tight Wraps.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: Ron Schneider (---.jsbrcmta02.jnboar.lr.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: January 23, 2014 09:19PM

We show them to be in stock.

Best wishes,
Ron Schneider
Schneider's Rod Shop
Mountain Home, Arkansas
[www.schneidersrods.com]
mtnron40@yahoo.com
870-424-3381

Date: January 24, 2014 04:50PM

Thank you so much guys! I love the CP4CT titanium-coated guides! Will order them for the two Lamiglas blanks. Will see if I can make the 8(10) tip top fit the size 11 tip of the GSB 132-2M blank. Thanks again!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster