I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

A big Thanks to tom
Posted by: Alex Lane (---.ratemyserver.net)
Date: January 22, 2014 02:25PM

I am probably one of the great silent majority of builders with average talent and not one to go around posting tips or photos. But just like I think a lot of others I do make the rounds and read the rod building forums almost every day. Last year my 12 year old son built his first rod and was helped by information he was able to find here. But most of all it takes a load off my mind with all the crap all the internet these days that he can come here without my supervision and read all he wants and not be exposed to filth or obscenities or fusses and fights. I know in the past few days some have poked at Tom because he would dare to ban somebody just for using really bad language on this site a few times. But from my end of things he is doing the right to enforce that rule because there are hundreds maybe thousands of builders out there and not all are shoot from the hip bad boy types who do not give a dang about their language or what impressionable young mind might come across that trash while just trying to learn more about building a rod. Keep it clean Tom just like you always have. I find it hard to believe that a person cannot discuss custom rod building without using offensive language terms. I was always told that profanity is the last result of a weak mind trying to express itself. I would bet there are many more of us glad you run this forum the way you do than the handful that have no manners or ethics and always want to complain because you will not let them turn this place into their public restroom wall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A big Thanks to tom
Posted by: Ken Finch (204.45.134.---)
Date: January 22, 2014 02:39PM

In the last few years we have reached a sad point where the "keepin' it real" people believe that speaking your mind with no tact or thought and through the use of "in your face" language is somehow a badge of honor. IMO it's a sad commentary on today's civilization. I know guys who may curse like a sailor in private with their friends, but have the decency to clean it up in public and around women and children. Sad that good conduct is no longer in style. I think Tom's rules are one of the reasons you see the bulk of the rod building industry as sponsors here. Where else and what other rod building forum has anywhere close to the same?

Posted by: Randolph Ruwe (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: January 22, 2014 04:07PM

The problem with most of the bad/insulting posts that are seen is that the people making them are pretty sure they are never going to come face to face with those they are insulting and believe they are immune. Most of the things said would never happen in a face to face discussion.

Posted by: howard hodges (---.owb.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 22, 2014 04:23PM

Tom, I totally agree with what these three gentlemen have said and I also Thank You.

Posted by: James Newsome (---.244.204.207.client.dyn.strong-sf33.as22781.net)
Date: January 22, 2014 05:24PM

I have no rod building children. If I did I sure would not mind them looking in here. Good people and nothing to worry about. CAnnot say the same about some other places...

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 22, 2014 05:32PM

Tom, another KUDO from me! Those that cannot communicate without foul language should find another outlet!

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: January 22, 2014 09:23PM

Hello Tom.

Ditto to all comments.

Keep Up the Good Work!

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: wayne fowlkes (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: January 22, 2014 10:36PM

Many Thanks Tom & I hope the compliments keep coming in

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lnse5.ken.bigpond.net.au)
Date: January 23, 2014 12:12AM

If you can't use your own name, can't write without expletives, can't be civil and abide by a few simple rules then you are not wanted here!!!
Tom is a top notch person, I found that out after last years Expo. There are always a few that are jealous and continue to attack him. Tom has the best defense for that and he is well aware of what it is.
The number of members and sponsors of this forum speaks for itself. Rodmaker mag and the Expo just add to it.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: Forrest Peters (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: January 24, 2014 02:12AM

There are some places for zero tolerance. If we have young builders we should set good examples for all. Great work Tom. I truly wish I could shake his hand. I am trying to get to the show for some warmer weather and to actually meet all the great people on the forum that I have done business with. To me there is nothing better then knowing the person face to face. If you know what I mean. What has kept me from events is Money. I have not or could not work for the last two years because of my injuries. Know that I lost my unemployment and my last employer refuses workers composition I am about to be on the streets again. I am sorry for babbling. Again Tom Thanks for the best forum.

Lone Wolf Rods
"Keep your powder dry and your lines wet"
God Bless

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster