I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Artus heavy duty micro guides vs fuji sic or alconite micros???
Posted by: peter gersumky (---.sd.sd.cox.net)
Date: January 14, 2014 08:26PM

want to know what you think about these guides (the American tackle heavy duty micro guides ) should I try these or stick with Fuji alconite micros ??? these are going to be used on a Phenix 8'6'' xh/xf black diamond blank I'm going to use it to throw big swim baits. thanks for comments !!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Artus heavy duty micro guides vs fuji sic or alconite micros???
Posted by: Joel Smith (---.asm.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 14, 2014 09:57PM

I can't comment on the AmTak guides, I'm sure they're fine, but I have the same blank in 8' with a mix of Fuji KR and K's in #4 rings. I throw swimbaits in the 4-6 oz range and have had zero problems.

Posted by: Wes Motsinger (---.mycingular.net)
Date: January 15, 2014 10:35AM

I really like the American tackle micros. Just never had a problem with them.

Date: January 15, 2014 02:04PM

thanks for the comments , what also caught my eye with these guides is that they look a lot more beefier than say ,Fuji LSG's . I want a micro guide that won't have the leg collapse , and a bigger point is that they have size 3 guides !! well , thanks again !

Posted by: Don Morse (---.dhcp.bycy.mi.charter.com)
Date: January 15, 2014 04:49PM

Give the ATC's a try....I think you will like them!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2014 11:55AM by Don Morse.

Posted by: Wes Motsinger (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: January 15, 2014 06:14PM

The two things with ATC Artus heavy guide is the frame is more beefy and the ring lock the guide has. The LSG has neither of these.

Posted by: Darrin Heim (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 16, 2014 09:37AM

Hi Peter,

As mentioned, our standard Artus Ring Lock micro guides are plenty reliable. Being the first true “micro” guide developed specifically for this niche and not a byproduct from other markets. So far they have been affixed to well over 300K rods and the numbers are quickly growing.

Regarding the Artus HD’s, these guides are without a doubt the most durable “micro” guide I have ever encountered. They are a bit heavier than standard Artus guides but they are built to withstand the brutal rigors of serious anglers. They have captured the attention of some tournament anglers like Trevor Fitzgerald and his pro staff and I myself use them on saltwater heavier rod/line applications.

Hope you consider them for this build, I think they are one of the most underappreciated Ring Lock guides we offer.

Best Regards,

Darrin Heim
American Tackle Company

Posted by: Jeremy Wagner (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: January 16, 2014 03:12PM

I've used them quite a bit on musky rod builds, they hold up very well. You might also have a look at the Fuji LDB guides.

jeremy

Date: January 17, 2014 12:55AM

thanks for all the comments and advice !! I am going to go with these guides !!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster