I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

A better foot pedal for pac bay machine
Posted by: mike langevin (---.sub-174-227-64.myvzw.com)
Date: January 10, 2014 02:45PM

Hi all does anyone know of a foot pedal I can use to replace the one that came with my pac bay machine? Hopefully that would just plug in without splicing wire or anything. I like my pac bay machine but the foot pedal isn't very sensitive at all and it sticks some times. Any ideas? Thanks !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A better foot pedal for pac bay machine
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 10, 2014 03:19PM

maybe this will help
[rodbuilding.org]

Pay attention to Roger Wilson's posts

Bill - willierods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2014 03:30PM by bill boettcher.

Posted by: bill brodrick (---.cmts.sth3.ptd.net)
Date: January 10, 2014 03:45PM

Mike I would contact Renzetti. I have one of there foot pedals and it works like a charm. Its fully adjustable and can be set to work with the slightest touch. You don't need a reverse option and ac makes no sense. Just my two cents but I love mine.

Posted by: ridge orjalesa (---.mco.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 11, 2014 10:04AM

what do you mean fully adjustable, can you please try to elaborate?
thanks.

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: January 11, 2014 11:09AM

This is the one to get, if you can still obtain them.

They utilize the trigger assembly that is used in AC variable speed drills and works very very well and very smoothly.

[linemaster.thomasnet.com]

I believe that the foredom foot pedal is still available and very similar to the design of the linemaster foot pedal.

Give it a try and see how it works out for you.

[www.foredom.net]

Be safe

Date: January 11, 2014 03:17PM

I would also think that this might be a good pedal; even though I have never seen or used one.

But as is shown in the video, this controller needs to be wired up.

This style foot control is simply a series connection in one of the AC wires.

i.e. there is a plug that plugs into the wall.

Now, take one of the wires that run from the wall and cut it. Then, attach the two cut ends to the controller connections. Then the two wires continue on to the motor.

[www.allbrands.com]

If you do get one of these controller foot pedals, wire it up and let us know how it works. It is an electronic controller with out a big variable resistor in it; so it should be a good pedal.

Be safe

Posted by: mike langevin (---.sub-174-252-3.myvzw.com)
Date: January 13, 2014 10:48AM

You guys are awesome! Now I'm looking at the foredom petal so all I have to do is cut the wire it has and the wire of my current petal put positive to positive neg to neg and I'm good?

Posted by: mike langevin (---.sub-174-252-3.myvzw.com)
Date: January 13, 2014 10:52AM

My overall problem with the pac bay petal is that I push half way down and it just barely turns the rod. Then I push down like a quarter inch more and it's at full speed. Hopefully a new petal will fix this?

Date: January 13, 2014 01:02PM

Mike,
Yes, the new pedal should take care of the problem.

Just be very careful when wiring up the new pedal to avoid making any mistakes.

As I said earlier.
You have two wires that plug into an ac outlet.

One of the wires will run directly from the AC outlet to your motor.
The other wire that comes from the plug will run to one connection on your new pedal.
Then, you will run the connection from the other side of the new pedal to the motor.

Be safe

Date: January 13, 2014 01:06PM

Mike,
If you buy the Fordom foot control as shown on this link:

[www.foredom.net]

You will not have to do any wiring to the pedal.

Just take two wires that run to your motor and put an AC plug on the end of the two wires.

Then, plug your motor plug into the female plug on the foot pedal. Plug the male plug into the ac wall socket and you will be ready to go.

Be safe

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster