I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

ThreadMaster ONE
Posted by: Chris Tulk (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: January 03, 2014 08:30AM

Hi All,

Anyone tried the ThreadMaster ONE from Roddancer? What is the viscosity like? Can you use it to cover an entire blank after painting? Most of what I have researched about Lumiseal or Permagloss says it will eat through my spray paint! I find the clear coats from a spray not very durable.

Anyway just curious if anyone has tried it.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ThreadMaster ONE
Posted by: Rodney W. Unruh (---.215.79.78.accesskenya.com)
Date: January 03, 2014 08:46AM

I just used it for the first time on my most recent rod. I have to say I am not impressed overall. It went on easy and dried fast, ready for a second coat in several hours per instructions. The viscosity is about like FC lite.

However, it clouded badly up on first use. Granted it was a rainy trip and I had only completed the last coat about 2 days prior. On the second trip, it remained clear, but it has cracked as if it was very brittle at every guide and ferrul. I will have to strip and rebuild this rod before long.

Date: January 03, 2014 08:58AM

Hi Rodney

Well that's not very good at all. I wonder if others are having the same issue?

Thanks

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 03, 2014 09:09AM

You might give the two part spray epoxy a try. It's called Spray Max. This should provide a fairly hard surface without too much weight.

Date: January 03, 2014 10:15AM

Hi Tom

I was actually going to try and find that product today. To bad most of the can will be wasted though.

What is Lumiseal and Permagloss used for mostly? Wood handle finishing?

Thanks

Btw I figured out how to get the magazine now. I have it delivered to a relative in Buffalo and she ships it to Canada for me! Love it!

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 03, 2014 01:27PM

Guide wraps and blank finishing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster