I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Fly Logic Blanks
Posted by: Steve Cox (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: December 17, 2013 10:15PM

Have any of you had any experience building on "Fly Logic' blanks? What did you think? Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fly Logic Blanks
Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 17, 2013 11:59PM

I have built a few, found them a little soft. Built a 10wt that fishes better as an 8wt, likewise a 7wt was similar. This was a number of years ago.

Posted by: David Miller (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: December 18, 2013 08:39AM

I have a Optimum 8/9 which I use a Cortland 280gr 10wt shooting head and it works well for me bass fishing.For $100 I can get 2 blanks to make 2 rods which is even better than just having an extra tip.Having a warranty on these priced blanks are moot when most manufactures require $25 for shipping and handling then a wait.I am sure there is better blanks that are made in the USA like the Fly Logic but most are out of my price range.

The one gripe I have with this blank for me is the flat black protective coating is thin and easily scratched.I am considering putting a thin coat of Permagloss on mine.I am used to using fiberglass and Falcon graphite rods though that has more coating.

Posted by: Larry Ohara (---.clppva.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 21, 2013 07:07PM

I have used a number of the Fly Logic blanks. They build out to be good rods somewhere in the Med-Med/Fast range. I mostly use their 2 piece 9ft 6/7 FL fxIV and fxIII rod blanks. They are heavier than most but build out nicely. I still use them and still have some stock still on hand. I like the 2 piece version and their 3 piece version of the 6/7wt.

Larry

Posted by: Jeff Hill (---.veracitycom.net)
Date: December 22, 2013 10:09PM

Steve thanks for inquiring about the Fly Logic blanks. I'm still a "newbe" to rod building and just picked up a 9ft 6/7 2 piece for a good price. I have been wondering how others on the site feel about this blank too. Thanks for the input everyone, I really appreciate and respect your opinions.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster