I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Korkalon
Posted by: George Roth (---.bois.qwest.net)
Date: November 18, 2013 06:00PM

Since the take over of Merrick by MudHole, I am unable to obtain the Mooseskin EVA in the color of "Korkalon". I need one, 24" stick with a 3/8" i.d. for a clients rod that I'm in the process of building. I have been in touch with MudHole and they aren't able to find any on the Merrick inventory sheet. Would anyone have an extra piece that they'd be willing to sell? I'd also be interested in purchasing some of the old style, "marsh camo". Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Best regards.......George

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Korkalon
Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: November 18, 2013 07:18PM

George,
I think that I have enough Korkalon rings to glue up one grip.
I believe that the center hold of the rings are 3/8th of an inch.
This is not a completed grip, but rather a bag of rings, that you would glue together and shape as you would do with a cork grip.

I don't know the color of Moose skin is, but the corkalon that I have is about the color of light tan or buckskin.

Let me know is you could use the bag of rings and what the total grip length that you would need, so that I could count out the rings that I have left.

Since I don't have any foreseeable use for the rings, the price will be right.

Of course, if you wanted a made up grip, the rings will not work for you.

Be safe
Roger
hflier@comcast.net

Date: November 18, 2013 07:20PM

P.S,. George,

If you do not have the ability to glue up and turn the rings, and if the color and material is correct, I could work out a deal with you to glue up the rings and then turn down the grip to your specifications.

Just let me know.
Roger

p.s.
Mr. Kirkman, I hope that I am not violating any Forum rules, since I am just basically getting rid of unwanted stock.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2013 07:21PM by roger wilson.

Posted by: Ron Schneider (---.jsbrcmta02.jnboar.lr.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: November 18, 2013 07:30PM

We have some of the original Kork-O-Lon grips in stock, both fore and butt grips.
They are not on our web site.
Email or call us with your needs

Best wishes,
Ron Schneider
Schneider's Rod Shop
Mountain Home, Arkansas
[www.schneidersrods.com]
mtnron40@yahoo.com
870-424-3381

Date: November 18, 2013 08:21PM

Roger,

That sounds about right. It looks like cork in color. I have a lathe, so gluing and shaping will not be an issue for me. I will need a total of 10". Please let me know the cost of the rings and an address and get you some cash. As long as they are all made of the same material, it won't be like trying to match up two different materials. The Mooseskin is a rather firm EVA which is what I'm looking for. I hope that helps.

Thank you so much for your help!

George

Date: November 18, 2013 08:23PM

Can you tell me how long those pieces are? I might be able to reshape them to fit the split grip design that I'm building.

Thank you so much......George

Posted by: Ladd Flock (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: November 18, 2013 10:46PM

Hi George, Bingham carries CUI products and CUI shows Kork-a-Lon in up to 11" lengths on their site. If Ron and Roger don't have what you seek, perhaps Karen can have some drop-shipped to you from CUI? The link to Karen's CUI page is here: [www.angelfire.com]

Date: November 19, 2013 11:04AM

Ladd,
Sure enough:
[www.cuiproducts.com]

George,
If one of Karen's grips will work, it will save you the trouble of putting it together.

Otherwise, I checked and have enough rings left in my bag to take care of what you need.
If you want some, drop me a personal e-mail, so that I can send you my address.

hflier@comcast.net

Thanks for helping me get rid of some of my unused stuff.

Roger

Date: November 19, 2013 11:14AM

Roger...

I'd be glad to help you out with your unused materials. Heaven knows that I have enough of my own, unused stuff! Here is the address:

George's Custom Rods
850 W. 7th St.
Weiser, ID.

Thank you so very much!

Ladd....

I appreciate your information as well. I will check out her sight as I may need some more in the future, depending on client's desires.

Best regards........George

Date: November 19, 2013 03:02PM

George,
I will drop them in a bag today.

Roger

Date: November 19, 2013 03:07PM

Thank you so very much for your help!

George

Date: November 20, 2013 03:36PM

George,
The bag is on its way.
Roger

Date: November 20, 2013 04:10PM

Thank you, sir!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster