I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pro Football Decals
Posted by: corky fleming (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: November 01, 2013 01:25PM

Looking for some Pro Football decals. Would like to find one to fit a trout /red fish rod in the Washington Redskins. Thanks in advance.

Corky
Corky's Custom Rods
Savannah, Georgia

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pro Football Decals
Posted by: mick vickers (---.a1a.zs.ncren.net)
Date: November 01, 2013 01:41PM

corky,
good luck!! seems the nfl has all the logo/trademark stuff on lock down. I looked and looked for a GB Packer rod I built. only thing I saw that could be helpful to you would be the fingernail decals they sell on practically every team site. my build was an inshore blank also and I thought the fingernail stickers would be too small. I ended up using a 3/8" hair ribbon wrapped over a modified dragon scale pattern and it actually came out pretty sweet.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 01, 2013 01:44PM

After looking at Mudhole maybe you can find some thing here
[www.google.com]

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 01, 2013 07:23PM

I used fingernail decals but just made a ring of them around the blank

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.lightspeed.bcvloh.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 01, 2013 08:38PM

Try the NFL Hall of Fame, they have a huge gift shop and you may find an on line catalog.

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: keith corwin (---.dhcp.bycy.mi.charter.com)
Date: November 02, 2013 07:44AM

Try walmart, I built a rod with a Detroit Tigers theme They had a whole sheet of "decals" of different sizes. They went on easy and did not peel up. The cost was about 3 dollars for the whole sheet, These are the tempory tattoos that you just peel and stick. Try some I think you will be supprised.

Posted by: George Forster (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: November 02, 2013 10:38AM

The finger nail decals fade quickly, once exposed to the sun.

George Forster
Fort Collins, CO

Posted by: corky fleming (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: November 04, 2013 08:16AM

Thank you for all of the suggestion. I will be looking into them.

Corky
Corky's Custom Rods
Savannah, Georgia

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2013 08:58AM by corky fleming.

Posted by: Victor Heal (---.static.aldl.mi.charter.com)
Date: November 06, 2013 12:35PM

A few years ago I built an ice rod for an NFL fan. I contacted the team and asked for and recieved permission to use their official logo one time only. They emailed me a "permission" letter on letter head that I copied and gave to the customer who was thrilled. They also sent me an attachment with the logo. I printed it off on decal paper and used it on the reel seat. They had several stipulations ie. one time use only, couldn't sell the rod for a profit, could not advertise the use of their logo etc. Still well worth it. Beats fingernail stickers or tattoos any day. Just a thought.

Vic

Posted by: John Shear (---.sgi.com)
Date: November 06, 2013 05:16PM

I was thinking it would be cool to weave the Packer G on a green and gold themed rod but I figured the team or NFL would not like that. On the other hand, when I go to craft fairs, there's plenty of things painted up with the Packer G. I always wondered if the team lawyers would waste time going after crafters.

John

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 06, 2013 05:46PM

What is the owner of the rod going to do
Go and show it off to the team and there lawyers ???
I would not wory about it

Bill - willierods.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster