I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

From The Desk of Bill Batson ( Batson Enterprises )
Posted by: Ryan McBride (---.wavecable.com)
Date: October 10, 2013 11:28AM

Over the last 13 years, our professional team at Batson Enterprises has worked very hard to continue our expansive growth. Since my late father Robert Batson founded the company in 2000, we have worked to become one of the leading design manufacturers and innovative suppliers of premium rod blanks and rod components in the USA. Batson Enterprises’ success is a direct result of outstanding service, quality, and pricing. We have been tremendously busy the last several years tending to our client’s needs in the industry. We’ve been diligently working hard to introduce new innovative offerings that will grow the industry for the future. Both individual rod builders and the largest recognized names in fishing rods have been demanding our products. Batson Enterprises is the strongest it’s ever been! Our motto has always remained “Never be complacent, always move forward!”

Our current products have been extremely popular, but this is truly just the tip of the iceberg. Vast changes are taking place within our company. We are on a mission to revitalize our future. Recognizing it was time to refresh our image and products, we have embarked on a journey to enhance the way the world perceives our company. Attendees from the most current 2013 ICAST show in Las Vegas had a glance. We received great feedback about our new booth, which was persistently buzzing with buyers and media. However, the superstars had to be the NEW RainShadowâ„¢ REVELATIONâ„¢ rod blanks and ALPSâ„¢ TexTouchâ„¢ reel seats, which have created quite the excitement in the rod building community.

Other major changes include placing an emphasis on our labels such as RainShadowâ„¢, ALPSâ„¢, ForeCastâ„¢, Sabre Designâ„¢, GuideSpacingâ„¢, ToughStickâ„¢ and many more, refreshing logos, introducing innovative products, and revitalizing the current offering. We are also working to establish an enhanced digital profile with an emphasis on websites, marketing, catalogs, and even recruiting new team members. Batson Enterprises vows to never lose sight of our impeccable service and quality! I feel these transformations are necessary to expand our client base and continue to move forward. My passion is my employees, customers, and products, and I look forward to serving everyone for many generations to come!

Bill Batson
CEO

RainShadowâ„¢, ALPSâ„¢, ForeCastâ„¢, ToughStickâ„¢
Batson Enterprises
Sequim, WA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2013 01:24PM by Ryan McIntosh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: From The Desk of Bill Batson ( Batson Enterprises )
Posted by: kevin knox (---.baybroadband.net)
Date: October 10, 2013 02:25PM

Amen. Great job guys!

Kevin Knox
ANGLER'S ENVY CUSTOM RODS
QUEEN ANNE, MD 21657
#_#_#_#_#
www.anglersenvy.com

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 10, 2013 04:18PM

Can we get some input on the Discontinuing of the Surf Blank Line? Yours is the Go to blank for most all of the surf rods I build here

Date: October 10, 2013 07:08PM

Hi Barry,
Sure! Who do you buy from now?? I would go to one of our nearest vendors either a store or online to find out info about them! They will be heavily discounted!! So enjoy :)

Date: October 10, 2013 08:00PM

Already done

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 11, 2013 01:59AM

Ryan, Does this mean that Baston will no longer make or sell surf blanks? If so, it seems odd that one would be willing to pass on the share of that market.

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Posted by: Kevin Bogan (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 11, 2013 10:24AM

I had dealt with Bob Batson for many years prior to him starting Batson enterprises. He was a great guy and Bill, Karry and company are continuing a tradition of superb service and products. I buy mostly Eglass blanks for boat rods. There isn't a better blank out there than their "Tuff Stick" line.
The TS 70L [a new model], the TS 70ML, and TS 70M are the nicest eglass blanks out there. I sell hundreds per year and never get any back broken. If there is any flaw here, it is that they still need a:
TS 70 XL [My mind is wandering here, approx. 10% less base diameter, and one tip size down from the L}
2-4 blank models in HVY freshwater 6'6" -7'
I understand that many here like the graphites, and glass doesn't do everything, but it's nice not to see rods come back broken.
The TS line is the blank of the future! no if's and's or butt's.
The new Alps Aluminum butts are a quality 2nd to none, as is most Alps products.
I could go on al day, but you cant go wrong with anything they sell.

Date: October 11, 2013 12:00PM

Dennis,
We are just discounting these models. We have other models that we are currently designing but wont be out till next July. For now, this is an incredible great deal so buy as many as you can afford!!

Date: October 11, 2013 05:41PM

Thank You ryan!

Posted by: Ron Jennings (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: October 11, 2013 11:19PM

Ryan McIntosh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dennis,
> We are just discounting these models. We have
> other models that we are currently designing but
> wont be out till next July. For now, this is an
> incredible great deal so buy as many as you can
> afford!!

That is the news I was hoping to hear!

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 12, 2013 02:27PM

Thanks Ryan, I just had to be sure I understood the reason for the sale. Thanks again, Dennis

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Date: October 14, 2013 12:38PM

Me Also! Thanks Again

Ron Jennings Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ryan McIntosh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Dennis,
> > We are just discounting these models. We have
> > other models that we are currently designing
> but
> > wont be out till next July. For now, this is an
> > incredible great deal so buy as many as you can
> > afford!!
>
> That is the news I was hoping to hear!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster