I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Thread Needed
Posted by: Ray Zarychta (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: September 29, 2013 10:09AM

I posted this request on the Buy/Sell page and had one contact that didn’t work out so I hoping the main board might bring better results.

I’m more than half way through a restoration of a Congress brand fly rod from the ’20s and ran out of thread, thought I had enough when I started. It is Gudebrod size A nylon classic twist in the Yellow/Black combo. I have a spool of Black/Yellow but it is much lighter than the Yellow/Black. Obviously will pay for a spool or trade, I have 100 yard spools of Gudebrod classic twist in Black/Yellow, Black/White and Orange/Black.

Trying not to have to re-wrap in a new color because the butt portion has already been epoxied.

I would send anyone who thought they might have a spool a sample of the thread needed. The thread was wound on the older plastic foam like spools.

Help most appreciated.

Ray Zarychta
Glastonbury, CT

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thread Needed
Posted by: Roger Templon (---.aoo.pa.atlanticbb.net)
Date: September 29, 2013 12:48PM

Ray

I replied to your request but it seems replies got lost. I have an older spool of Gudebrod size A blk/yel twist thread that is on a styrofoam type spool. It is darker yellow than the newer twist spools. I can't tell how much is on the spool. E-mail me your address / info.

Rog

Posted by: Randolph Ruwe (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: September 29, 2013 05:25PM

Ray, e-mail me, I might have exactly what you need. I have an unused 100 yd spool. Seems to me that it is more yellow than black or pretty close to equal in colors.

Posted by: Ray Zarychta (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: September 29, 2013 06:15PM

Randolph, your email is hidden, email me with your snail mail address and I can send you a sample. This thread is more to the black side than other spools of blk/yel I have.
Thanks.

Posted by: Randolph Ruwe (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: September 29, 2013 06:31PM

I don't know why it is hidden, it is: rjruwe2@comcast.net This seems to be a bit more yellow than black, but I am not sure if it is what you need. I will send you a picture when you e-mail me.

Posted by: Michael Blomme (---.direcway.com)
Date: September 30, 2013 08:21PM

Ray, I have 4 spools of Classic Twist in yellow/black. If you end me an e-mail, I will send you a photo of the spools of thread. If you can use any of these, let me know I will send them to you. Three of the threads are Gudebrod and one is from Herters.

Mike blomme

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster