I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Black hole rod blanks
Posted by: Mike Edmonds (---.islc.net)
Date: July 31, 2013 05:38PM

I have a customer that wants me to make him a jigging rod using a Black Hole Rod Blank 350 gram. Does anyone know about these blanks? Where to get them? How much they are? I have seen revolver rods at a local outfitter made with these blanks. They retail for approx. $360. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Black hole rod blanks
Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: July 31, 2013 11:08PM

[www.jignpop.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2013 11:09PM by Barry Thomas Sr.

Posted by: Razvan Matei (---.rdsnet.ro)
Date: August 01, 2013 12:43AM

[www.rodbuilding.org] [www.rodbuilding.org] Later edit: Long story short, N.S Rod (nsrod dot co dot kr) sells complete jigging rods (80 / 150 / 250 / 350 grams) and they made some blanks (250 / 350 / 450 grams) for Kil Song (website in the post above). Black Hole CCS (Cape Cod Special) blanks are rolled with high modulus graphite wide wrapped in an x shape.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2013 12:45AM by Razvan Matei.

Posted by: Mark Gwynne (---.lnse3.woo.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 01, 2013 07:50AM

I've built a few. The 250 is extremely powerful so unless the customer is after very big fish or using very heavy drag to immediately stop fish from getting back into cover, the 250 will do. It's much softer than the 350, is fully parabolic and bends all the way into the foregrip(which feels a bit weird until you get used to it) and will still be able to take jigs to say 400 grams, which is the other factor to consider.
I love them and am waiting on the release of the single piece 150 and 80G models. I plan to build myself a personal rod on either this new 150 or the Jigging Master three kings special. It will depend on the specs when it comes out.
Also, the 250 is only rated at 20lb max drag but that is underrated. It can take 10 kilos without too much risk.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 01, 2013 07:53AM

[search.yahoo.com]

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Razvan Matei (---.residential.rdsnet.ro)
Date: August 01, 2013 07:56AM

[www.merricktackle.com] catalog page 206.

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (---.hsd1.sc.comcast.net)
Date: August 01, 2013 11:02AM

Yep...page 206...best of luck to everyone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2013 11:13PM by Jay Lancaster.

Posted by: Razvan Matei (---.residential.rdsnet.ro)
Date: August 01, 2013 11:18AM

Well, I thought I should state the page number printed on the margins of the catalog and not the page of the pdf file. My bad then, though I was aware of that.

Posted by: Razvan Matei (---.rdsnet.ro)
Date: August 01, 2013 06:02PM

Maybe it isn't the case anymore but some time ago Merrick Tackle was offering the catalog on sections.

Matagi is also available through Merrick Tackle and I am somewhat familiar with the japanese matagi catalog which is available as a whole file but also as parts of it. I remember Merrick Tackle offered sections of the previous catalog, where the info, about a certain category or item name, manufacturer, was available by stating that there will be X pages or that the pages are from UYI to RTQ, just stating, and these pages were always the actual pages of the printed version of the catalog.

Also, again maybe it isn't the case of the current catalog because of the way it was built as the font size isn't going to appear smaller or bigger to change the size of the page, but it wasn't always safe to state that someone would get the same page count in every pdf reader.

It wasn't my case, but what if there are many printed version users around? Today, from their website, Merrick Tackle still offers some sections of the catalog and the printed version page count, stands solid. If someone would be interested in a certain rod blank manufacturer, there is a gear section that contains rod blanks only, with (small) files by manufacturer.

For example, if I would have to show to someone the entire line of blanks of, let's pick a certain manufacturer.. jignpop, the link I should show to this person is [merricktackle.com] page 206. It's great, though I have failed to see its utility during my posting time(s), that the 234 number is on the thread.

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (---.hsd1.sc.comcast.net)
Date: August 01, 2013 11:08PM

That sure was a lot of wasted energy on your part.

No one was saying you were wrong or anything similar. I simply stated (in 4 words) the computerized page number. The point was to assist others in searching for the correct product using the online catalogue with the link you provided.

It is ok though. Everyone can reference page 206 and search for it like I did.

You certainly are passionate. No one can ever say otherwise. LoL

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2013 10:27AM by Jay Lancaster.

Posted by: Mike Edmonds (---.islc.net)
Date: August 02, 2013 09:18AM

Thank you all for your time, thoughts and comments. It is greatly appreciated!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster