I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: name of company on rod
Posted by: Wes Motsinger (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: July 10, 2013 08:58PM

yes had a problem this week. Built him 6 trolling rods with Mot's Custom Rods logo then had his name that he wanted on it with blank specs. See the problem is i work in racing industry and the way he sees it is the cars get payed for the name on them for sponsorship. now i have been in the racing industry for 16 years and I do see where he come from but he must not be to mad because he came to me this afternoon to get 6 more and a rod built to replace a custom that hebroke out in Cali.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Wes Motsinger (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: July 10, 2013 09:03PM

Thanks for everyones replies just like to see if i was wrong or not. Will now from now on make sure they know everything about it

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: July 10, 2013 09:14PM

"If Chip Foose built me a car I would love to have his name on it!!"

Right on the Drivers door

Posted by: Terry Turner (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: July 11, 2013 08:55AM

I always let the customer know what my "normal" inscription" is, typically "Crafted for Angie Angler", then my business name on the next line with a serial number. I've had a few people that also want my name on the rod as the maker, but never anyone that didn't want my business name on the rod.

Wes, it looks like your case is a little unusual.

Terry

Posted by: Dave Loren (---.prvdri.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 11, 2013 02:27PM

Roger, My bro in law is a hot rod builder and a motorcycle ice racer an there are lots of custom builders who put there names on the builds, they just do it in a way that it blends really nice. Also if someone comes to you to build a rod for them, chances are very high that they have seen your work somewhere some how so they would know what to expect. So they will need to tell you what they want, other wise you would go with the norm. That's all I got to say about that.

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: July 11, 2013 05:43PM

Dave,
Absolutely.

I agree with everything you say.

Any time I work with a client, I tell them that it is normal for me to put my trademark on the rod.

But, I also tell them, that if they don't want it on the rod, I can certainly leave it off.

About 99% of the folks want it on the rod.

Just tell the client, so that there are no surprises.

Posted by: Mark Blabaum (---.dsl.mhtc.net)
Date: July 12, 2013 02:15PM

roger wilson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dave,
> A commercially made truck or auto is in the same
> category as a commercial rod, complete with its
> label.
>
> However, if you go to most hot rod shows, you will
> seldom see the name of the builder on the car.
> This is the same as a custom rod. The rod is
> custom - not commercial quality.

Roger, most dealerships will however put their information on the license plate frame or with a decal on the rear of the car.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 12, 2013 04:26PM

Roger

that only tells people ( if they know anything of customs ) what you paid for it

Top name in the custom auto field

Then again having his name would take away for all the graphites on the body

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Don Morse (---.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com)
Date: July 14, 2013 03:55PM

What is too funny is I have never had a customer request that I do not put my company name on a rod until today!

I have no problem with that, the customer always gets what they want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2013 03:56PM by Don Morse.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster