I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

question about Alps?
Posted by: ernest sebastian (139.192.83.---)
Date: June 15, 2013 04:41AM

just browse around and find that alps has titanium guide that much cheaper than Fuji
personally I'm Fuji man, never build or used rod that have component other than fuji so i can't understand other terminology
which material similar to SIC and alconite?
and where is alps brand came from?
and where they're manufactured?
do they have titanium tip top too?
thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: question about Alps?
Posted by: John Repaci (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: June 15, 2013 04:59AM

Hi, Ernest,
If you click on BatsonRainshadowALPS listing to the left, you should be able to find some answers to your questions.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Mark Twain
John in Wethersfield, CT

Posted by: Mark Newcombe (---.99-50-210.dynamic.dsl.syd.iprimus.net.au)
Date: June 15, 2013 05:56AM

They are Korean or at least there seats are.

Cheers

Mark Newcombe
Old Bar NSW
Australia
markscustomfishing.com
American Tackle Pro-Staff

Date: June 15, 2013 08:46AM

John
thanks it's clear now :D

Posted by: Mark Blabaum (---.dsl.mhtc.net)
Date: June 15, 2013 12:05PM

Ernest I've used a few of the Alps Titanium guides and really like them as well if not better because of the price.

Posted by: Don Morse (---.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com)
Date: June 15, 2013 12:38PM

A

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2013 09:40PM by Don Morse.

Posted by: Michael Danek (50.42.152.---)
Date: June 15, 2013 05:56PM

Don, on what are you basing your comment that "d blue" titaniums (what is d blue?) are stronger than Fuji? I've tried to modify some Fuji titaniums and if something were stronger than Fuji titaniums, I think my vice would have broken.

Posted by: John Repaci (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: June 15, 2013 06:28PM

DBlue is a sponsor

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Mark Twain
John in Wethersfield, CT

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lns5.ken.bigpond.net.au)
Date: June 15, 2013 06:36PM

Hi Michael,
I won't go that far but I've been using the DBlue guides, sponsor link on the left, for about six years and their titanium frames ever since they were released about three years ago. Never had a problem with any of the titanium framed guides, they're well made, close to the Fugi's, have SiC rings and are about half the price of Fugi's. I used to be an exclusively Fugi SiC guide user until the price in this country got out of hand. I found the DBlue guides on the unmentionable site and have been using them ever since. I've also helped to improve the guides by suggesting improvements and getting new styles made. The suggestions were adopted and implimented quickly. One thing I pressed was to get size 4,5 and 6 tips with bigger tube sizes. They know have 4's and 5's with tubes up to 2.4mm and 6's up to 3.2mm which is a huge improvement on what was available.
As for Alps I've never used their guides so can't comment but I think they make the best reel seats available and I don't care where they come from..
I'll continue to use Alps reel seats and DBlue guides.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2013 03:30AM by Col Chaseling.

Posted by: Don Morse (---.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com)
Date: June 15, 2013 07:42PM

B

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2013 09:41PM by Don Morse.

Date: June 16, 2013 08:31AM

Col
thanks..
now my head turn to Dblue :)

Posted by: Michael Danek (50.33.192.---)
Date: June 21, 2013 05:22PM

Thank you, Col, learn something new every day if you keep your eyes open and your mouth shut. :-) thanks, Michael

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster