I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Permigloss setting up in bottle
Posted by: Austin K McWhorter (---.amrlcmtk01.tx.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: May 24, 2013 11:07PM

Thank you for all of the replies! I will take better care of it when storing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Austin K McWhorter (---.amrlcmtk01.tx.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: May 24, 2013 11:07PM

Thank you for all of the replies! I will take better care of it when storing.

Posted by: Glenn McMurrian (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: May 24, 2013 11:18PM

I forgot to say to take the Permagloss out of the fridge and let it warm up a bit so you my want to take it out of the fridge about a hour or two before using it just do not open it up until ready to use it as like must of use have found out Permagloss dry fast but if you just use it and close the cap and put it back in the ridge you should have no problem.

Glenn McMurrian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2013 01:27AM by Glenn McMurrian.

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.lightspeed.bcvloh.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 25, 2013 08:33AM

When you open a new bottle close it back up and simply turn the bottle upside down. This will make a great seal and will not let moisture or air in. Mine has been opened about 18 months and still good.

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 25, 2013 08:42AM

When I take it out of the fridge I try to loosen the cap Have found that some times if I let it warm up before I do it sets and the cap may not come off So I loosen it just to be sure when cold

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 25, 2013 05:06PM

A frost free refrigerator has very low humidity, that's how it stays "frost free'. The condensation from opening the door is from the air introduced from the room, note it does not turn to frost, it is eliminated by the refrigeration process. The fact is....the colder the temperature the less moisture air will hold, check it out!

Posted by: Sammy Mickel (---.61.187.173.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: May 25, 2013 05:12PM

I’ve got a $5 can that will fix the problem!

Posted by: Dan Metcalf (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: November 22, 2013 02:49PM

Ten months ago we, Trondak, Inc. (maker of U-40 products) finally solved the problem of Perma Gloss pre-maturely setting up in the bottle. After a change of supplier of the main raw material two years ago we began to notice that Perma Gloss was setting up in the bottle even sooner than it had been before, though the material was virtually the same. Before the change, however, we were not seeing a problem with Perma Gloss setting up in the bottle before it was purchased. However, after the change sometimes rod builders would find that even upon arrival from their supplier/retailer that their "new" bottle had already set up, even before opening. As you may imagine this really got our attention and we began to work on a sure solution.

As it turns out this crisis ultimately worked in ours and our customer's favor. The solution, as it turns out, was very simple and is amazingly efficient. We simply went to a foil-lined cap. No air gets in at all. Plus, just in case the foil liner tears on the original cap we've included an additional cap with each and every bottle. Apparently all these years with the previous cap tiny bits of air were gradually seeping in, but not so with the foil cap, and finally, to our relief and delight the problem has been solved. Enjoy the dip!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster