I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Snake Bit
Posted by: Dave Loren (---.prvdri.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 12, 2013 03:50PM

Ok, I have been building fly rods for quite some time, over 16 years. So recently I was talking with another rod builder and he had kept referring to "snake" so I'm thinking he's meaning the snake guides so when asked about "snake" he told me about Snake Brand guides. So I ordered the Snake Brand guides and after wrapping the first fly rod with these guides I had to call Mike at Snake and tell him how impressed I was with the product. Believe me if you know me this is something that I hardly ever do. Mike was very pleasant to talk with that I felt we where friends from way back. Definitely some one who is very proud of his product and stands behind his product. So I have to admit there is no other guide I will be using on my fly rods from here on out. Besides they are made in the USA.
So I had to put this out there for any one who has not tried these, give them a try and you will get "Snake Bit"too.

Dave Loren
East Bay Custom Fly Rods
R.I.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Snake Bit
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: April 12, 2013 04:27PM

Mike's a good guy with a really great product, but the rules here specifically state that you're not to post unsolicited advertisements/endorsements for non-sponsors.

Posted by: Steve Wright (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: April 12, 2013 04:47PM

I have had the opportunity to talk with him a couple of times and He is truly a professional and a gentleman. Wish all business owners were like him.

Posted by: Dave Loren (---.prvdri.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 12, 2013 05:08PM

Sorry Tom, It won't happen again. I got ahead of myself.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.war.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: April 14, 2013 03:09AM

Angler's Workshop carries the full Snake brand line.

Posted by: Steve Wright (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: April 14, 2013 02:52PM

Spencer Phipps Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Angler's Workshop carries the full Snake brand
> line.

I ordered two sets of snake guide from them this week.

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (---.hsd1.sc.comcast.net)
Date: April 14, 2013 11:54PM

Good...this makes the Original Post perfectly acceptable then.

It was a good testimonial I thought.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster