I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Gudebrod Garnet
Posted by: Jerry Cook (---.dhcp.stls.mo.charter.com)
Date: April 08, 2013 10:16AM

Does anyone have any Gudebrod #206 Garnet A thread they would like to get rid of? I've tried to match it with Pro Wrap but just cannot find another thread that gives me the look I like in a garnet color thread. E mail me if you do.

Thanks,

Jerry Cook
J-Cook Fly Rods

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gudebrod Garnet
Posted by: Mike Adams (---.dhcp.knwc.wa.charter.com)
Date: April 08, 2013 10:45AM

I'll email you this afternoon when I get home from work. I only have one 1oz spool but don't have anything in mind to use or match so you can have it. Also have NCP too.

Posted by: gary Marquardt (141.211.151.---)
Date: April 08, 2013 11:15AM

Jerry, I'm at work right now but I'm 99% sure I have a few spools of that. I'll know when I get home also.

Posted by: Donald Becker (---.hawaii.res.rr.com)
Date: April 08, 2013 04:20PM

Hi Jerry,

When we set up our colors, we did our best to match many of the Gudebrod colors. We did use nylon to make the matches. When you see a numeric color code on our website (such as 206), you will know it is a close match to the Gudebrod color. If the color code starts with M it's a color and name selected by Makoi Wrapping Thread and does not match a Gudebrod color. I believe you will find that we have matched most of the more common Gudebrod colors.

Here's a link that shows the nylon colors:
[www.makoithread.com]

We currently stock 47 colors in Perma Color (NCP) and nylon. For our next incoming shipment, we have added a couple of colors. Two of them are reds and it will bring up our offerings to 50 colors. At the end of April you should find Makoi Thread available in size C in the more common colors.

Two gentlemen have stepped up to help you and I am confident they will meet your needs. I hope to fill your future requirements.

Don

Don Becker

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: April 08, 2013 04:45PM

I have a 1200 Yd Spool of #206 That I am Sure is "A"

Posted by: Mike Adams (---.dhcp.knwc.wa.charter.com)
Date: April 08, 2013 08:07PM

Don Becker graciously donated some of his new thread at the Lamiglas get together in Woodland Wa this past weekend. The colors really popped but haven't had a chance to use it yet. How would shipping compare going Hawaii to the mainland?

Posted by: Donald Becker (---.hawaii.res.rr.com)
Date: April 09, 2013 01:49AM

Hi Mike,

USPS Flat Rate Priority boxes are our friend!
We charge a flat rate of $6.95 per shipment. The more product purchased provides more funds for shipping and insurance. The USPS flat rate priority shipping usually delivers in 2 to 4 work days.

For those folks who make wholesale purchases, Merrick Tackle gives a significant discount and helps with shipping on larger purchases.

We do have a fair share of metallic, but getting it on the website will have to wait until after taxes and the Hawaii Ocean Expo that is coming up this weekend.

How could I not contribute a little thread to Lamiglas? They're great people and their product (both rods and service) is tops.

Thank you for the nice mention,
Don

Don Becker

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2013 01:52AM by Donald Becker.

Date: April 09, 2013 08:44AM

Thanks Don. the first time I saw a post on here from you, I checked them out. I will certainly consider your thread in the future. I really liked some of the Gudebrod nylon colors. The Garnet being one of them. Didn't particulary care for their metallics.

Jerry Cook

Date: April 09, 2013 08:50AM

Many thinks for the offers here. Mike, thanks for sending the thread. All your responses confirm the fact, this is a great bunch of people.

Jerry

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster