I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

MICH. RODBUILDERS ROUNDUP
Posted by: Harry Bell (---.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com)
Date: April 07, 2013 10:58AM

Spent yesterday at the Michigan Rodbyuilders Roundup in North Branch, Michigan. Well attended and my wife and I had a great time. Lots of good info and goodies!! Thanks Don Morse and the other attendees for a successful meeting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MICH. RODBUILDERS ROUNDUP
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: April 07, 2013 11:31AM

It was GREAT!! Thanks to Don Morse for all the planning/effort that he put into it!! 30 something builders, great presentations and tons of food made for a GREAT day!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Michael Danek (50.33.196.---)
Date: April 07, 2013 12:07PM

I agree with previous postings, a great gathering, beautiful workmanship and design on display, many thanks for the sponsors for their support, and to Don Morse, who set it up and ran it well.

Posted by: gary Marquardt (141.211.233.---)
Date: April 07, 2013 12:42PM

A great time was had by all. now I have to figure out how i want to build out this Bushido blank I won.
It's defiantly getting some carbon fiber grip thanks to the folks at Riley Rods.

Posted by: Don Morse (---.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com)
Date: April 07, 2013 01:25PM

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!!

I am back from Church and a little more rested than I was last night and this morning.

We had a great event yesterday, had 35 attendees form all over.... Canada, Washington, Iowa, New York and Michigan. Great Turnout and great people.

I find myself blessed to have met and talked with everyone who was able to attend. We had a ton of good food and great conversation.

Thank you to all who gave presentations..... Keith Corwin, Rich Kendall, Chris Richer, Bill Batson, Dan Lab. And a special thanks to Gary Marquardt and Jim Mowl who were prepared to give demonstration but were cut out due to time constraints.

I gave the Microwave Challenge to 16 people who were all very impressed and sold out of every set I brought.

We gave away a ton of prizes from 19 different companies and had a successful raffle that paid for all of our plates, cups, hotdogs, etc.....AND we had $250 dollars left over to donate to the North Branch Wesleyan Church where the event was held.

I will be posting some photos soon on the photo page and on the MRB website.

One last thank you........ Rich Kendall, Keith Corwin and his girlfriend Ann who helped set up, tear down and clean up. I couldn't have done it without you.

Date: April 07, 2013 02:57PM

AND AN ALL CAPS THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOUR SPONSORS

BATSON ENTERPRISES
AMERICAN TACKLE
HYDRA
DECAL CONNECTION
GET BIT
MIDWEST ROD AND REELS
SCHNEIDERS ROD SHOP
MUD HOLE
THREAD CENTRAL / VISUAL WRAP
MYSTIC FLY RODS
SE TOOLS
NORTH FORK COMPOSITES
RILEY RODS
MERRICK TACKLE
RODMAKER MAGAZINE
ANGLERS ENVY
CORK 4 US
BINGHAM ENTERPRISES
SOUTHERN GRAFIX

AND TO TOM KIRKMAN FOR LETTING US POST ABOUT THE EVENT ON THE BEST ROD BUILDERS HANGOUT ON THE INTERNET.

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: April 07, 2013 04:52PM

Hello Don.

Good going, now you need to start thinking about the next one!

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: Col Chaseling (101.174.54.---)
Date: April 07, 2013 05:42PM

Hi Gents,
Glad you had a good meet. Sounds like Don needs a bit more rest before planning the next one!!!
I hope nobody made Mike Barkley walk too much, he got enough of that at the Expo,and up hill in both directions!!

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 08, 2013 08:25AM

Don & MRB's, so happy to hear this was a great event!! Looking forward to teh photos

Date: April 08, 2013 09:52PM

Wish you were here brother.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster