I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

University of Kentucky
Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.nbrncmtc01.nwbrnc.ab.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: March 01, 2013 10:06AM

Good morning Gentlemen,

I did a few searches for a match of something close to the University of Kentucky blue but didn't come with much. Can you guys recommend a blue that is close. I have a friend that I am building a rod for who is an attimate Kentucky fan and I am wanting to do a Kentucky theme.

Thanks,
Tom

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: University of Kentucky
Posted by: Steve Hartzell (---.rsvlcmta01.rlvlar.lr.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: March 01, 2013 11:42AM

Have you tried going on the UK website and finding the page that has the description of all their colors? I've built Baylor and Notre Dame themed rods and was able to get the actual pantome number descriptions for both. Once you have that, it makes picking the correct shade of blue much easier.

Steve Hartzell
Lake Conroe - Willis, Texas

Posted by: Bob Riggins (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 01, 2013 12:09PM

Pantone 286 for the Blue.

Unless you can find an exact match, you will probably have to pull up a Pantone Chart and find the closest match to what is available. (Google "pantone chart"). I usually use NCP when I am trying to match school colors.

Date: March 01, 2013 12:34PM

Steve,
I did in fact look at the website and it only says "Blue" LOL kinda vauge.

Bob, thank you I will do that right away.

Date: March 01, 2013 12:59PM

Thanks much for the help guys. I believe I have something that will work.

Tom

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: March 01, 2013 02:05PM

I would recommend purchasing a few spools of varying shades and using the one you feel is the closest match.

Keep in mind that various printed material, screen printed clothing, electronic media, and any other item you see a particular logo the shade of color will likely be a little different.

Date: March 01, 2013 02:48PM

Good idea Jay, I've got 4 choices turning right now on a peice of scrap to see which I like the best.

Thanks,
Tom

Posted by: Steve Hartzell (---.rsvlcmta01.rlvlar.lr.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: March 01, 2013 04:00PM

If you are interested, here are pics of the Notre Dame rod I built. I'll upload pics of the Baylor rod tomorrow.

[www.rodbuilding.org]
[www.rodbuilding.org]

Steve Hartzell
Lake Conroe - Willis, Texas

Date: March 01, 2013 04:03PM

nice work Steve

Posted by: Jeremy Reed (---.owb.bellsouth.net)
Date: March 01, 2013 04:24PM

At least you're building for someone that has some common sense. Go C-A-T-S! I have 3 blues on hand and I'm waiting to get in 4 more this next week. Also, I've noticed the blue varies on UK products at times. I've got some mudhole decals on the way, so I'll let you know which goes best with them once I get them in.

Date: March 01, 2013 04:43PM

Jeremy, I too have noticed the hues of the blue differ from product to product. Makes it pretty tough to match it up. I just have to find some good colors for Mizzou now. My daughter is a freshman there and we are moving back to MO in less than a month. The wife wants me to build a matching set for the family to show our "spirit". I will be using Mudholes decals on the Mizzou rods and would love to hear how you like them. I may even order the UK ones for this build.

Posted by: John Locke (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 01, 2013 07:06PM

Sounds like you have what you need now so not sure if this helps but...I googled Univ of Kentucky colors and they have an 18 page pdf detailing all of the standards for the logo, color, typeface, in-use guidelines etc. Your question had prompted me to check out the 'Nova colors, I plan on building a rod for a buddy of mine, a grad from Villanova. (Villanova's logo guideline pdf is 40 pages long!)

John

Date: March 01, 2013 07:35PM

John,

I too found that this afternoon. Wow is all I can say.

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: March 01, 2013 10:05PM

If using a decal, don't worry what the "official" color is...match the decal.

Posted by: Jim Fielding (74.123.19.---)
Date: March 02, 2013 09:05AM

PacBay NCP Royal Blue matches the Mudhole UK logo really nice.

Date: March 02, 2013 09:35AM

Jay and Jim thank you very much. I have ordered the decal and I do happen to have that color here at the house. I really appreciate all the advice guys.

Thanks again,
Tom

Posted by: Jeremy Reed (---.owb.bellsouth.net)
Date: March 08, 2013 09:56AM

422 of the ProWrap seems to match the mudhole decal I have.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster