I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

RodMaker Reception
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 25, 2013 10:11AM

The 2013 Reception was the largest in that event's 9 year history - 464 persons attended. The Embassy Suites staff and the very large ballroom made it seem easy. The twin serving stations, each with dual serving lines, halved the time it took for everyone to get something to eat. I got a plate - the food was pretty darn good. The stage, PA system and overall layout were vastly superior to anything we've had before. Not that those were bad, these were just better. We also awarded more free door prizes than ever before.

When we moved the Reception to the Centennial Station a few years ago, I received rave reviews about that location. But I'm willing to bet that as good as those earlier Receptions were, no one will ask me to move out of the Embassy Suites Ballroom any time soon. I thought it was a quantum leap forward and hope others did too.

Here's some photos to go along:

[www.rodbuilding.org]

[www.rodbuilding.org]

[www.rodbuilding.org]

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2013 10:44AM by Tom Kirkman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RodMaker Reception
Posted by: Capt. Craig Freeman (38.127.195.---)
Date: February 25, 2013 10:26AM

Loved the sliders!! You are right. Much better reception location.

Posted by: thad peach (129.41.205.---)
Date: February 25, 2013 10:58AM

Better all the way around, hotel food, Hotel Staff Service and HOT Water....it was also nice I didn't even have to wear a coat to make it from my room to the convention center via. the Tunnel. Is the next 2014 show here yet???

Thad
Dutchman's Creek Tackle

Posted by: corky fleming (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2013 02:51PM

Thanks Tom
I have the same comments as thad. Again thanks for the great show.

Corky
Corky's Custom Rods
Savannah, Georgia

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.midsouth.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2013 05:13PM

Any praise Tom gets for putting on this show is more than well deserved. I've got nothing to compare it to but I thought it was great.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: Wes Motsinger (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2013 06:46PM

great seeing everyone and seeing old friends and meeting new ones. you did great tom

Posted by: Edward D. Smith (---.lightspeed.gnvlsc.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 25, 2013 09:37PM

Tom just continues to outdo himself year after year. Great to see alot of friends again. I have been to 9 out 10 shows and they geat better each year. I learn something new each year. My wife enjoyed this trip more than last year (Last year was her first time). Like wine and wiskey, Show continues to great better with age.

Ed Smith
Flat Rock, NC

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 26, 2013 09:22AM

I can't be the only one that got lost in that maze this weekend? Almost everything was a step up from prior years...which I thought were great. I do miss the hotel lobby in HP though, it was easier to bump into 98 builders and completely take over the lobby all night.

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: February 26, 2013 12:34PM

Hello Tom

Thanks for a weekend to remember as usual you scored again, great reception and EXPO.
I like Billy got lost once or twice but by the end of Friday I had the whole place down.

Thanks Again Tom hope to see you again soon (Maybe a Get together at your place this year?)

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster