I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

What did you win?
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.midsouth.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 23, 2013 06:37AM

There were a ton of prizes given away at the reception, if you win what'd you get? I got a set of Hydra guides, an dI got chastised by TOm for not properly filling out my entry sheet!

Lots of fun and laughs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What did you win?
Posted by: Craig Mullins (---.public.wayport.net)
Date: February 23, 2013 06:52AM

I was awarded with a nice Lamiglas 843PRO blank. Very light blank with a fine tip, but still has some power.

It was a good time and great to meet everyone I spoke with.

Posted by: Don O'Neil (---.public.wayport.net)
Date: February 23, 2013 08:13AM

I didn't win anything :-(

Of course I couldn't win because I wasn't there. My airline managed to get me to Philly too late to make the check in time for the connecting flight so they bumped me off. The plane was still at the gate when I got there. They put me on another flight the gate was at the far end of the airport and I managed to get to the gate 10 minutes before departure time but the plane wasn't there, it left 5 minutes before I got there. I got a later plane, not to Greensboro but to Charlotte, so I had to get a 10:35 flight to Greensboro that arrived at 11:20 then I rented a car and drove to the Embassy Suites, got there at at 12:30. The prizes were all given out by then.

I think that US Airways owes me at least a Seeker Super Tog.

Don

Posted by: Tony Politi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 23, 2013 09:18AM

Congrats Billy, you won something, maybe your luck is changing

Posted by: Don Morse (---.sub-70-193-5.myvzw.com)
Date: February 23, 2013 04:40PM

I got a hat for being the youngest bald guy, then I won some epoxy and pit paste. I am having a ball!!!!

Posted by: Roger Rierson (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: February 24, 2013 09:19AM

I believe the women won more prizes than the men. My wife won some beautiful Abalone.

Roger
Greensboro, NC

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 24, 2013 12:18PM

Last years the women have won some great prizes. Next year I'm bringing the women just for that reason ...

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Kirk_Miller (---.static.gci.net)
Date: February 25, 2013 02:59PM

Don, I can feel your pain with the airport in Philly. I have been through there 3 times, and all 3 times something has gone wrong. Once I got lost trying to find the Budget car rental return. That is NOT the area of town you want to get lost in. I was on my way back to the airport when I saw the Budget shuttle van going the other direction. I flipped a U turn and followed him to the lot. I figured he was going 1 of 2 places, and either one would suit me.......lol I hope everyone had a good time at the Exhibition. This was lamost the year I attended. I couldn't get the time off work as they didn't want to pay the OT for covering my shifts. Now they are talking of giving us 1-2 days off a pay period without pay to make up for budget cuts.........You do the math on that one...lol

Posted by: Larry Ohara (---.clppva.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 25, 2013 05:43PM

Won some Rod Dancer epoxy,... to do that St. Croix rod I won a few years back at the reception. Maybe next year I'll win the components!
It also looked like there was alot of double teaming on the wins this year.(Husband and wife?).
My wife and I saw a row of about 5 people all sitting together that all won something. The key to winning seemd to be in the groups of people.LOL
A great show.

Larry

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.midsouth.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2013 08:18PM

Hi Billy,
Thanks for all your help. First time at one but managed to win more than I expected. Got a prize from Tom for travelling the furtherest. Won a wonderful set of grips from your mate Bill Ballou and somehow managed to win the Alps power wrapper. Gave it back and let somebody else win something. A lot of the ladies won prizes which was good to see. Vendors did a terrific job to supply all those prizes, thankyou.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster