I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

RATS...
Posted by: Ken Preston (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 21, 2013 05:40PM

Big rats. I'm going to have to miss the ICRBE this year. This may be good news for someone who was looking for a room at the Marriott as I just canceled my reservation. Believe me I'm really bummed as I look forward to and plan for this show every year. This year Lana had a new technique to showcase for the show as well so we're both really upset that we can't make this trip.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RATS...
Posted by: Don Morse (---.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com)
Date: February 21, 2013 06:37PM

Bummer.....last minute too.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: February 21, 2013 06:51PM

That really @#$%&!!! I always look forward to seeing you every year!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 21, 2013 06:55PM

At least you guys have goon to most of them

I am not Crying -- just the way it is

Bill - willierods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2013 07:00PM by bill boettcher.

Date: February 21, 2013 07:20PM

I wish everyone a great time: vendors, exhibitors, speakers, organizers, attendees. This was a last minute, unavoidable (large) vehicle repair bill that tipped the scales & bled a substantial chunk of $$ that was going to pay for transportation, hotel, kennel fees - and PRODUCT that I'll miss out on. I was really looking forward to the new line ups of rod blanks that will be unveiled at the show but most of all we will both miss meeting up with old friends and making new. This is the ONE gathering every year where more techniques, tips, tricks and ideas are exchanged in three days than in all the rest of the year. An hour at the show is worth more than any other investment a builder can invest in. Biggest bummer is this jumped up at the last minute (when I was going for fuel this morning for the trip).

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 21, 2013 08:24PM

Ken, really going to miss sitting and having a beer with you again this year! What bummer way to have to miss!

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 21, 2013 08:30PM

Ken
Look at the bright side.

Better this morning then Sunday morning

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.georgewall.com)
Date: February 22, 2013 08:23AM

I will gladly trade my reason with your reason. I can fix anything on a vehicle for parts cost but I can't remove part of my kidney myself.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Date: February 22, 2013 08:40AM

Fred -
No trade - do what needs to be done, get well. See you next year

Posted by: Jeff Gross (---.mycingular.net)
Date: February 24, 2013 06:05PM

Ken
Sorry you were not there. I was really looking forward to your seminar on saltwater fly rods.

Jeff

Columbia, SC

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.nbrncmtc01.nwbrnc.ab.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: February 25, 2013 09:28AM

Fred,
Hope the surgery goes well for ya and the recovery is a speedy one! Surgerys are never too much fun.

Tom

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.midsouth.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2013 03:39PM

Ken,
I'm also disappointed as you where one of the guys I was looking forward to meeting and talking to. Maybe I can get to another one in the future. Hope the car fix didn't get too much of your cash.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Date: February 26, 2013 06:36AM

Col -
Reading over your posts it seems you had a good experience at the Expo. I'd like to make the trip down under if the SEARBs can pull one off. I haven't been to Australia in 10 years but still miss the people of the "sun drenched land"

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.midsouth.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2013 10:10AM

Hi Ken,
Had a "Bonza" time at the Expo and your more than welcome at any time.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster