I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Multiple layer weave
Posted by: Adolfo Thorne (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 21, 2013 02:11PM

Good day ; I am new at weaving, so far I've done a two and three color weave, now I have a disign on a multilple color , like a two or three color layers. Question is how to work the transfer of the colors from botton layer to top layer without getting that knotting effect after working 2 or 3 colors up and down?? Any input will be helpfull. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Multiple layer weave
Posted by: Jim Upton (---.lsanca.btas.verizon.net)
Date: February 21, 2013 03:47PM

Adolfo; It is a process explained in detail, in my book "A guide to thread weaving for the custom rod builder". However, remove the thread from its slot in the loom or jig on the left and drop it in front of you then take all of the threads out of the loom or jig on the right side, pick up the color you want to change to, separate it so when you lift it there are no threads between it and the wrapping thread, and no threads wrapped around it, then take it to the left holding it away from you and put it in the vacated slot, pick up the thread coming back to the right and bring it closer to you and put it back in the slot in the right side jig or loom with the rest of the colors. So, the thread going left passes outside of the thread coming back to the right. Repeat this process in the same manner each time you make a color change and you should be alright. I always tighten up the bundle of threads on the right, each time I remove them from their slot in my loom.

Posted by: Adolfo Thorne (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 22, 2013 09:55AM

Jim, I really apreciated Your info. I've been out of touch in rod building/fishing for a few years; now that I've retired I'm coming back to a hobby that I love so much. If Your book is still on the market I"ll like to buy it, I've been in a few bait/tackle fishing equipment shops, could not find on any of them to have any weaving related items. I''ll keep searching , otherwise. Thanks again

Posted by: Jim Upton (---.lsanca.btas.verizon.net)
Date: February 22, 2013 11:55AM

The book is available from Mud Hole, Renzetti Inc. and Anglers workshop, all sponsors on the left side of this page.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster