I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Michigan Rod Builders- February E-Newsletter
Posted by: Don Morse (---.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com)
Date: February 19, 2013 12:42PM

I hope the winter is treating you well and you are able to stay warm.

Not much going on with MRB as of late but I wanted to get this out to you anyway and give you a few reminders.

*April 6th is the big "Round-Up" day in North Branch. The address is 3164 North Branch Road, 48461
*We will have the swap meet starting at 10am. I know Rich Kendall already has a truck load of stuff to bring. Bring your extra stuff to sell/swap.
*"Seminars" will start around noon, no exact times as this will be a nice laid back event. So far we are planning talks on, Decorative wraps tips and tactics, Carbon Fiber Grips, Custom Cork Grips, Great Lakes Trolling Rods, Tying the Forhan Locking Wrap, a possible group discussion on CCS, and Mr. Batson presenting their product line.
* The non-rod build contest.... build something besides a rod using rod building skills. Contest is open to every one and will be voted on by everyone. A large prize will be given to the winner. Please only one item per person.
* I have had a couple builders ask if they can give something to the prize table...YES. If you have something you want to give away for a door prize, please by all means bring it...the more stuff we can give away the better, who don't like free stuff....lol
* We will have a couple of "very generously" donated item for a raffle, ticket will be $5 each. All money collected will help to pay for plates/silverware/etc. and any leftover will be donated to the church where the event is being held.
* Food will be pot luck, I will be grilling hot dogs and will supply coffee, water and lemonade.
* Bring some of your rods to show off.
* The event if free of charge and is open to everyone.

As always, support our sponsors. When you order from them make sure to thank them and let them know how important they are.

If you want to be added to the email list let me know....

See Ya In NC.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Michigan Rod Builders- February E-Newsletter
Posted by: Randy Kruger (---.cbpu.com)
Date: February 19, 2013 11:25PM

See you there...We had a great time last year.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 20, 2013 08:07AM

DOn, looking forward to seeing you and a bunch of other MIchigan ROd Builders this weekend. Great job putting your event together

Posted by: Michael Danek (50.33.215.---)
Date: February 22, 2013 09:13PM

Don, one other item that I think would make sense for a "seminar" is abalone. Someone who has tried all the options and has a story to tell about them would be welcome. I just tried my first rod with abolone, and while this version was supposed to be "heat and apply," it has a lot of cracks. Still looks good, but it certainly is not without cracks. Actually the cracks sort of form "facets," like on a diamond, and may catch more of the light than if there were none. Not being an abalone expert, I don't know.

Posted by: Don Morse (---.sub-70-193-5.myvzw.com)
Date: February 23, 2013 04:04PM

Abalone has been added to the "seminar" list. Great suggestion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster