I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Lamiglas Seminar
Posted by: Kerry Hansen (---.wavecable.com)
Date: February 18, 2013 08:57PM

Northwest Custom Rod Builders

Friday, April 5th 6pm to 8pm

Saturday, April 6th 8am to 6pm

Lamiglas invites you to share an inspiring weekend held at our production facility in Woodland, Washington. Join fellow rod builders, mentors of the art of custom rod building and rod building vendors to explore the latest in custom rod building techniques and components. This program is open to all participants, from the most elite rod builder, to those who have yet to build their first rod. You are sure to find something to inspire you! Seminars offered will cover craftsmanship of custom handles for all levels, technical issues, how fishing rods are built for maximum efficiency, how to build a “do it yourself” custom wrapper.

Lamiglas Build Your Own Blank , Friday, April 5th 8am – 5pm

Each year Lamiglas opens the door to a limited number of participants who are interested in experiencing HOW a fishing rod BLANK is crafted. It is a hand on experience for rod builders which we hope will help you gain an appreciation and understanding of the fundamentals of a fishing rod’s blank construction? Did you ever wonder how the material and design is important in rod action and power? During the course of building your own blank, the Lamiglas staff will guide you step by step through the whole process from start to finish. Participants will be asked to select a blank from one of three categories- SALMON/STEELHEAD, FLY or FRESHWATER/INSHORE. The blank chosen by Lamiglas for each of these categories is selected on the basis of a blank which has a high success rate during building, and the specs will appeal to a broad range of participants. Please keep in mind that this program is to give you the unique experience of building a blank. The blank you take home will be your own blank, and not a catalogued or warranted blank.

Pre-registration is required. There is room for 50 participants which will be chosen in a lottery system with names drawn on Monday March 4th. Participants will be notified by email or phone! If you are selected, there is a $50 fee for materials, which you may pay when you arrive at Lamiglas to build your blank on April 5th.

While both of these events are held the same weekend, each must be signed up for separately. The Rod Builders Show on the evening of the 5th, and all day the 6th is open to one and all, and there is no cost to attend. We would like to know how many are signing up, and where you are coming from, so that we can give you the best experience possible. When you sign up, you will receive information on directions and area Motels, as well as directions to our factory.

We look forward to hosting these events, and hope you will join us!

Kendra, Josh and the crew at Lamiglas

TO SIGN UP BY EMAIL~

To sign up for the ROD BUILDER WEEKEND only, please email kendra@lamiglas.com with the subject of the email: SHOW

To sign up for the BYOB, (or BUILD YOUR OWN BLANK) lottery ONLY, please email kendra@lamiglas.com with the subject of the email: BYOBlank

To sign up for (hopefully!) BOTH, please email kendra@lamiglas.com with the subject of the email: WEEKEND SIGN UP

Please include your

NAME:

ADDRESS:

PHONE NUMBER:

EMAIL :

TO SIGN UP BY PHONE~

Extension 216 is being set up for the Rod Builder program as well as BLANK SALES to CUSTOM ROD BUILDERS who sign up to purchase direct from Lamiglas. This option is available for builders with a commitment to purchase a minimum of 50 blanks per year.

If voice mail is not available at extension 216, please dial 1/800-325-9436 X O and ask the operator to put you through to Kendra.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lamiglas Seminar
Posted by: Capt Neil Faulkner (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 19, 2013 08:03AM

Good morning,

A few years back the last RodCrafter Seminar I attended was held near the Lamiglas facility and hosted by Todd Vivan and Lamiglas. Coming from Long Island, NY it was a major trip for me.

It was a wonderful experience! Being a people person the best part for me was meeting all the talented rod crafters from the West Coast. Their talent and work is second to none. I truly wish I could go to this wonderful opportunity offered by Lamiglas. To be able to spend time with the folks I met and also to met new folks would be fantastic. Let us not forget to again see all the wonderful fishing tools created by all.

Folks what I am trying to say is that if you can attend one of these meetings please do not miss the opportunity.

Kerry, have a great time my friend and please say hi to Bob and all those people I met.

Capt Neil Faulkner

Capt Neil Faulkner

Posted by: Chris Herrera (---.sub-174-233-192.myvzw.com)
Date: February 19, 2013 11:39PM

See you all there!

Chris

Posted by: Terry Turner (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: February 20, 2013 06:53PM

Hey Chris,

Sorry I have to miss this year. We had a scheduling conflict with a family vacation and I couldn't be in both places. I'll send Kendra some tarpon pictures though! Have fun in Woodland, and yes, you should make the effort to go if you can make it. Lot's of local talent and tips/tricks seminars to share.

Terry

Posted by: Chris Herrera (---.sub-174-233-193.myvzw.com)
Date: February 20, 2013 07:49PM

I would say that's too bad, Terry, but since your going on vacation for tarpon (it sounds like), all I can say is have fun!

We'll hoist a beer and slice of pizza in your honor!

Hopefully see you next year.

Chris

Posted by: Steve Satterfield (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: February 22, 2013 11:15PM

I'll really try to make it on Saturday as I go on Vacation right after the that. Not sure if I'll get to fish Tarpon but I'll be in the Keys

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster