I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Comments on new Rodmaker
Posted by: Ken Finch (204.45.65.---)
Date: February 05, 2013 04:44PM

Got the new copy today. Only had time to browse it. Three things come to mind off the bat. Great job on the lure grips! Now that's something you won't find on a factory rod! Saw the new ad for FUJI rod blanks. Hmmmm. This has my curiosity up for sure! Will be by the AR booth in Winston-Salem to check them out. Bill's article on shipping rods is pure genius. But I did have one question about the end caps he mentions. Are these the big heavy PVC fitting caps or something else? I didn't see the cap in the article photos so wasn't sure. Other than that it was a great idea that I'll use in the future. Great issue again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Comments on new Rodmaker
Posted by: Bill Colby (---.t-n-media.de)
Date: February 05, 2013 06:07PM

The cap is in the photo but it’s hard to see. My apology. I do not have the camera equipment or the skill to take really good publication quality photos and the timetable was too short for me to ship everything to Tom for him to photograph the items there. I will try and put a photo of the style cap I recommend on the photo page this evening.

In the meantime what you want is the thin packaging type tube caps. Usually they are organge or blue and thin and pliable. The large, heavy, white PVC cap fittings create a heavy shoulder along the tube which can cause a hang up on shipping machinery. With the method outlined you do not need heavy end caps so I do not recommend using those. Again sorry that my photos were not good enough for this to be clear. Photography is not my field of expertise.

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 05, 2013 09:13PM

Also Called Inspection caps I believe.

BILL COLBY! ???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2013 09:13PM by Barry Thomas Sr.

Posted by: Ken Finch (---.)
Date: February 05, 2013 10:02PM

I looked at the photos again and can see it now. It was just to thin to really show up in the small photo. Thanks. All I needed to know.

Posted by: Randolph Ruwe (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: February 05, 2013 10:18PM

You guys must be on the East Coast, Haven't got the new issure here in WA state yet. Lucky You.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 06, 2013 07:52AM

I make a lid out of newspaper Then tape side over to side 5 - 6 times Then around twice Then spray the tap just to keep the edges down get all my newspaper free

Bill - willierods.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster