I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mudhole- REALLY?
Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.lightspeed.bcvloh.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 01, 2013 08:56PM

I feel Bob and Brook have handled the situation very well. I have placed many orders from them and never have had a problem that was not resolved. They are a great supplier for me and a help to sponsor a good many rod builder events. I say thank you to them for the way their company is run.

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rick Jones (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: February 01, 2013 09:06PM

MudHole confirms my orders by email. I usually know before an order is shipped if something is back ordered. They have helped me many times in the past find a replacement for the item back ordered. MudHole is my go to supplier! I wish they had a warehouse in California!

Posted by: kevin gross (---.static.izoom.net)
Date: February 01, 2013 09:56PM

Lets see here. The President of the company shoots you his phone number and tells you to call him personaly and he will take care of you. WHAT MORE can you ask. I have had noting but GREAT service from Mudhole. You may need more fibre in your diet LOL.

Kevin Gross
Many men will spend their whole life wondering if they made a difference. Marines dont have that problem - Ronald Regan

Posted by: Capt Neil Faulkner (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 01, 2013 10:24PM

Hi,

I am amazed that this thread was not killed right at the beginning.

Capt Neil Faulkner

Posted by: gaston arnold (---.war.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: February 02, 2013 12:18AM

I love the service from mudhole.quick shipping and great timely awnsers to questions

Posted by: Steve Satterfield (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: February 02, 2013 12:22AM

Kudos To Mudhole as they are always very good to me and have always had positive and helpful service. Please just call them they will make it right as Bob said.

Posted by: Mark Newcombe (---.082.dsl.syd.iprimus.net.au)
Date: February 02, 2013 02:48AM

I order a lot of stuff through them often something goes out of stock but they always email me and i swap it out Mudhole is excellent to deal with for both Bob and Brook to both jump on here and respond shows you just how well this company cares about the public image and how they go to great lengths to protect the mudhole image.

Cheers

Mark Newcombe
Old Bar NSW
Australia
markscustomfishing.com
American Tackle Pro-Staff

Posted by: Rick Schafer (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: February 02, 2013 03:32PM

I have ordered off of Mudhole alot of different times, never a problem.

I've even forgot to order a tip top for my boys rod. i called them up and the salesman added it to the outgoing order with no added shipping or anything.

I also had some questions on some blanks and other products which he phisically weighed and let me know the weight while running all over the wherehouse checking different things for me.
They have earned my buisness for a long time!

Rick

Posted by: Bob Kraft (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: February 02, 2013 03:58PM

It sounds to me that this matter is more than settled! Mudhole is one of tops on my list!

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 02, 2013 04:33PM

I have to go there tonight and add some more stuff to my - Saved Chart Hoo Raa

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Wes Motsinger (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: February 03, 2013 11:51AM

never had a problem with mudhole very good customer service
\

Posted by: Brandon Gay (---.rsvlcmta01.rlvlar.lr.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: February 03, 2013 08:24PM

The way MH handles back orders is not very friendly to the buyer. I make it a point to write in the comments section to contact me if any item is not in stock. This has saved me a great deal of head aches and shipping cost. I would normally try and get everything I need from one seller to save on shipping.I have noticed in the last year or so most items they have in stock. I agree though when selling a kit the whole kit should be back ordered and a partial kit should not be sent out. With that being said MH does have great customer service. Just takes some learning on dealing with their back order and shipping policy. Good post!

Posted by: Capt. Craig Freeman (38.127.195.---)
Date: February 04, 2013 08:30AM

Back ordered products are always a pain, and sometimes not finding out until the package is received is frustrating as @#$%&. I use Mudhole a lot and have experienced first hand the frustration of not getting a full order due to a back ordered part. There customer service is first class and each time I call there is a quick resolution. They have a great model for customer service and usually go above and beyond for customers.

Posted by: Jeff Gurchinoff (---.dhcp.mrqt.mi.charter.com)
Date: February 04, 2013 02:25PM

Never tell a customer you will have a rod built on a specific date if you do not have the parts to build the rod. We have all experienced delays for one reason or another from many different companies. It is a supply and demand issue. Sometimes there is simply more demand than supply and it takes longer. And accidents can happen in any transaction. I've gotten great service from Mudhole, Jans Netcraft, J Stockard just to name a few.

That being said;
I typically get half up front for a build, this allows me to get the components I need for a rod. Once I get the components I contact my customer and tell him when he can expect his rod.
This eleviates all manner of stress, shows you are an honest businessman looking out for the interest of your customer and you can review/confirm any specifics your customer wants at that time. (We do build to their desires not ours)

This keeps everyone happy and prevents me from stressing out trying to meet a deadline.
As far as my customers go I am fairly certain they would prefer it if I take my time and produce a quality rod rather than build a rod in a day to meet an unrealistic deadline I set for myself.

If it is a local buyer I may even give the customer a "loaner" until his rod is done.
I don't know about the rest of you but If I can make a customer happy I do what I can to make that happen.

(If there is an issue with a backordered item, I can discuss it with my customer to see what he/she is comfortable with, it helps to include them in the process).
I've only had an issue like this once but the customer trusted my judgement and we waited for what was ordered rather than getting a replacement

Jeff

Posted by: Richard Hahn (---.ssa.gov)
Date: February 20, 2013 01:49PM

Well ........... MH has not disappointed me .......... AGAIN they screwed up my order ........... no wonder I only use them when I can get a deal that I can't get elsewhere ........... Placed an order for their St Croix blanks on a 5 hr sale on the 15th. They have a screwy PayPal arrangement but they sent me a PP invoice and I paid it. I noticed today that I had not heard from them and I have received all of the orders I placed with others after their order. I called and they had lost my order but will ship today. Their shipping is higher than others, their payment arrangements are screwy and they lost my order. It's alwasy something with them. I'm glad others have had great experiences ........ I have not.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster