I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mudhole- REALLY?
Posted by: scott stevens (---.sub-70-199-98.myvzw.com)
Date: February 01, 2013 11:08AM

O.K. maybe I'm being anal. I ordered a rod kit from mudhole (this will be my last) and a week later I unbox and want to start building. First thing I notice is the rear grip is missing. So, assuming I misplaced it or threw it away with the packaging matl. I tear the house apart and spend an hour looking for it. Finally, assuming I pitched it by mistake, I call them to order another one. They tell me "oh ya those are back ordered and wont be in for 2 weeks". Why would you send someone an incomplete kit and not even make them aware that parts are missing? I'm a business owner and couldnt imagine doing that to a customer. Maybe its just me but I dont get it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mudhole- REALLY?
Posted by: James Newsome (---.244.204.207.client.dyn.strong-sf33.reliablehosting.com)
Date: February 01, 2013 11:12AM

Might have been quicker just to look on the packing slip and see if they showed it as being shipped or backordered. There was a packing slip, wasn't there? If so then they did make you aware. You just didn't look.

Posted by: john backos (---.design2147.com)
Date: February 01, 2013 11:15AM

Mudhole always indicates a back ordered item on their packing slip and also in their website on your account page.

Posted by: Bob McKamey (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 01, 2013 11:26AM

Hello Scott -- Please contact directly at Mud Hole custom Tackle. Toll free number is 866-790-7637 and my direct extension is 114. I will resolve the issue for you.

Bob McKamey
Mud Hole Custom Tackle
bobm@mudhole.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2013 11:26AM by Bob McKamey.

Posted by: Lou Auret (204.16.161.---)
Date: February 01, 2013 11:37AM

I have never had a problem with an order from them or their products that was not resolved by contacting them on the phone or by email.

Posted by: Brook Oliva (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 01, 2013 12:07PM

Hello Scott,
First and foremost we certainly apologize for any issues or inconveniences. The missing item in question was a member of one of our Rod Building kits, our kits are entered as a single item in our system composed of individual members. One of the shortcomings in our system is that when one of those members of the kit is out of stock it does not notify the customer of the back order until the time of shipment. At that point we add a line item to the order which we refer to as a "Manual Back Order". As I manage the inventory system I personally make every attempt to ensure that our stock is available to fulfill our current demand. As I explained to the the staff member this morning regarding your situation this particular grip is a new addition to our product line and lacks any sales history which I in turn use to accurately forecast demand. As evidenced by your back-order, the reorder point for this particular item was set to low and his since been increased to try to accommodate the volume of orders.

Regarding the shipment of the kit without all of the components. While we certainly do not enjoy doing this, however it simply is the most economically feasible. I apologize again for your troubles, I can assure you that we make every effort to see that every customer is satisfied and regrettably it appears we did not meet your expectations. If there is anything I can do to help you achieve a satisfactory resolution I will be happy to do so, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via Email: brook@mudhole.com or through my extension: 102.

We sincerely appreciate your business as well as the support we receive from the entire rod building community.

Thanks & Kind Regards,

Kind Regards,

Brook Oliva
Mud Hole Custom Tackle, Inc.
brook@mudhole.com
(866)-790-RODS

Posted by: Garry Thornton (75.87.229.---)
Date: February 01, 2013 01:49PM

Sorry about your troubles, but you can add me to the list of people who are more that satisfied with Mudhole.

Posted by: scott stevens (---.sub-70-199-98.myvzw.com)
Date: February 01, 2013 01:56PM

Thanks for the replies. Problem solved through another vendor

Posted by: John E Powell (168.169.226.---)
Date: February 01, 2013 02:08PM

Scott, wow you won't like my response but here goes...

You had a problem with a merchant and contacted them. The merchant responded providing you an explanation; They are out of stock and when your missing part comes in, they will ship it to you. If you don't like the answer, or how the answer was presented to you, then call them and tell them why you're unhappy and work out an acceptable resolution. The time to go public like you did, is when you can't get a resolution to a problem that is their fault and they are being unreasonable or unresponsive.

From a customer service standpoint, in this day and internet age, is it reasonable to expect a communication informing you of a back-ordered item prior to shipping? Yes.
Was their communication to you about the back-order an example of good business practice? Maybe, maybe not...
Did you ultimately find out what happened and get a shipping date of the back-ordered item? Yes.

You may not have liked what happened or the manner in which you found out the item was back-ordered, but the problem was resolved without much effort.

To me, writing a post like this in a public forum just makes me feel empathy for the merchant.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2013 02:11PM by John E Powell.

Posted by: Eric Viburs (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: February 01, 2013 04:46PM

wow! seems to me like they bent over backwards to fix your problem and that is what you give them.

I will be placing another order there this weekend as a matter of fact.

Thanks Mudhole for being a stand up company in my book.

Eric

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (---.sub-174-237-36.myvzw.com)
Date: February 01, 2013 05:01PM

I have owned several businesses (4 by the age of 36), and tend to count my losses with customers like Scott. Some patrons do not desire to be satisfied...try as you must.

I commend Mudhole for their communication and effort. What more could you ask of a company?

I have been more than satisfied with Mudhole through the years with both retail and wholesale orders. One of the best companies I have ever dealt with.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 01, 2013 05:02PM

I deal with them all the time i love there ability to save my cart so I can add to get the most from the shipping
They even let me know when some thing is going to be back ordered
But they fix anything that went wrong
Yours may have just slipped thought the cracks hay stuff happens

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Kevin Kelly (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: February 01, 2013 05:30PM

Brook Oliva Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello Scott,
> First and foremost we certainly apologize for any
> issues or inconveniences. The missing item in
> question was a member of one of our Rod Building
> kits, our kits are entered as a single item in our
> system composed of individual members. One of the
> shortcomings in our system is that when one of
> those members of the kit is out of stock it does
> not notify the customer of the back order until
> the time of shipment. At that point we add a line
> item to the order which we refer to as a "Manual
> Back Order". As I manage the inventory system I
> personally make every attempt to ensure that our
> stock is available to fulfill our current demand.
> As I explained to the the staff member this
> morning regarding your situation this particular
> grip is a new addition to our product line and
> lacks any sales history which I in turn use to
> accurately forecast demand. As evidenced by your
> back-order, the reorder point for this particular
> item was set to low and his since been increased
> to try to accommodate the volume of orders.
>
> Regarding the shipment of the kit without all of
> the components. While we certainly do not enjoy
> doing this, however it simply is the most
> economically feasible. I apologize again for your
> troubles, I can assure you that we make every
> effort to see that every customer is satisfied and
> regrettably it appears we did not meet your
> expectations. If there is anything I can do to
> help you achieve a satisfactory resolution I will
> be happy to do so, please do not hesitate to
> contact me directly via Email: brook@mudhole.com
> or through my extension: 102.
>
> We sincerely appreciate your business as well as
> the support we receive from the entire rod
> building community.
>
> Thanks & Kind Regards,

This response is thorough, professional, and sincere and an example of customer service that is becoming all too rare. I commend you for it and will certainly check with Mudhole the next time i need to order something. Thank you.

Posted by: David Dosser (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: February 01, 2013 05:30PM

It has been said here before: The forum is not a place to complain about orders or service from companies. It can do a lot of unnecessary damage.

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Date: February 01, 2013 05:34PM

maybe this post should be closed ??

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (---.sub-174-237-36.myvzw.com)
Date: February 01, 2013 05:51PM

Closed or not, I think this thread will do more good than harm for Mudhole. It is hard to frivolously harm a great company.

Date: February 01, 2013 06:17PM

Very true !!!

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Russell Brunt (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 01, 2013 07:06PM

Just to offer a different viewpoint. I do think it is best if a vendor tells you something is backordered and gives you the option of shipping what they can now, or holding the order until they can fill it in total.

I order a ton of stuff for work. It is depressing to see one order broke up into multiple shipments (with shipping and handeling added to each one) when you were originally quoted something different online.

This is not intended as a knock on Mudhole in any way. Just to say I can understand Scott's point. Even if I think posting it here wasn't the best way to handle it.

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 01, 2013 08:11PM

I have a different take then Russ. I often place orders (with Mudhole and others) for many items that do not relate to one build and I want everything shipped that they can, especially do not hold for out of stock item arrivals.

Date: February 01, 2013 08:17PM

Then call them and ask to be sure they have all you want to order ?????

Bill - willierods.com

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster