I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Fuji IPS Reel Seat and EVA Handle
Posted by: Jay Burns (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 21, 2013 01:33PM

Hi guys looking at designing for my father a spinning rod that will use the Fuji IPS style reel seats in an uplocking fashion - planning to incorporate the Quick Lock KDPS for the threaded section. My question is, I can only find EVA grips that are compatible with the VSS series from Fuji and not the IPS style reel seats. Any idea on where I can obtain EVA styled grips to accomodate this build.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fuji IPS Reel Seat and EVA Handle
Posted by: wayne diduch (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: January 21, 2013 02:25PM

Jay...Mudhole have them...click on Grips and Handles...then click on EVA...scroll down a bit ..you will find EVA Handles for Fuji's IPS Seat...Cheers!

Posted by: Eric MONTACLAIR (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: January 21, 2013 03:08PM

Some choice at Matagi Workshop (Japan)

Posted by: Mark Newcombe (---.082.dsl.syd.iprimus.net.au)
Date: January 22, 2013 12:03AM

Mudhole only has them in 17 not 16 for the kdps which is a real bugger and drives me nuts as I built 20 rods this month with kdps hoods and exhausted my stock from matagi.

I have come up with a great work around though if you are using kdps 16 you can get away using SK2 eva or the nice 2 tone cork you need to wrap about three turn of tape and itll fit snug but you also need to cut down the kdps as they are to long, make the cut half way between the two dots on the kdps and the eva or cork will fit nicely. I also found if you go down to your local autopart shop with the kdps you can get black orings that fit firmly on the kdps and these make the end of the sk2 eva mate nicley with the end of the kdps in front of the hood.

The only place i found that does ali trim pieces for the 16mm is matagi mudhole only does them for the 17s.

The last thing you need to do in the SK2 hood conversion is to cut down the ips or vss seat I found the optimum for the Sk is to remove 3 threads down olong the hood aligning channel works great for most spinning reels.

Another thing I have worked out is a kdps using an sk2 eva or cork is that it fits really well on an ATC comfort seat and the shape works a treat.

Cheers

Mark Newcombe
Old Bar NSW
Australia
markscustomfishing.com
American Tackle Pro-Staff

Posted by: Jay Burns (---.excelsior.edu)
Date: January 23, 2013 09:08AM

Any pictures you can post, those are solid ideas?

Date: January 23, 2013 09:11PM

You can see them on my website in the latest builds section www.markscustomfishing.com

Cheers

Mark Newcombe
Old Bar NSW
Australia
markscustomfishing.com

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 24, 2013 09:28AM

very nice site

Bill - willierods.com

Date: January 24, 2013 10:54AM

Thanks Bill its getting there getting time to complete it is the problem all our comps start in feb so building stacks of rods at the moment.

Cheers

Mark Newcombe
Old Bar NSW
Australia
markscustomfishing.com

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 24, 2013 04:02PM

Mark

Got a lot of customers or selling to stores

I see a lot of builders with this - Building a lot of rods - thing The only thing I can think of is selling to stores on - consignment

Bill - willierods.com

Date: January 24, 2013 05:47PM

Im a small time builder now that its summer here Im averaging 20-25 rods a month which I can handle the only problem is shipping can compress time frames.

I have only one customer that I build quantities of 15 at a time but generally I will do those in winter after the rush.

I dont build on consignment I simply cant afford to do it however I do have a number of demo / personal rods that turn over.

Im pretty new when it comes from turning a hobby into a business so 25 / mnth is a lot to me and may not be significant to others. Im also predicting a slow down when the weather cools down. Im looking forward to spending that down time growing the business through web and social media.

Cheers

Mark Newcombe
Old Bar NSW
Australia
markscustomfishing.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster