I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

small bore EVA
Posted by: Jim Scott (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: December 17, 2012 03:36PM

Hello all,

Any body have a supply of undrilled EVA. I am working on a small childs rod and the blank is 1/4'' at the butt. MH only sells 3/8'' bore as their smallest. I want to glue up some custom handles in blue orange and black for the boys and pink and white maybe red for the girls. Any help or direction to a supplier would be appreciated.

J Scott
Englewood, Fl

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: small bore EVA
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 17, 2012 03:42PM

Glue in reel seat arbors and ream to fit

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 17, 2012 04:30PM

How soon do oyu need it? I am not able to sell what you need for several more weeks, but I do have what you are looking for. Does you no good now.

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 17, 2012 05:02PM

Bill, you must be kidding! A reel seat arbor into a 3/8" bore?

Posted by: Dave Loren (---.prvdri.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 17, 2012 05:02PM

Hey Billy, How are things going over there. I feel bad you hit so hard.

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: December 17, 2012 05:12PM

Phil,
I think what Bill was referring to with that was that the same EVA is available in 1/2" & 3/4" ID's also.

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Posted by: David Dosser (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: December 17, 2012 05:24PM

I have a few pieces that are drilled 1/4". What length etc. do you need?

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Date: December 17, 2012 05:29PM

Todd
Is correct Then with the larger ID gluing an arbor in and reaming it to fit the blank

Or depending on how much you need you can make arbors with 1/4" tape and make it snug fit leaving about an inch between them
prepping the blank for good adhesion first Quick sanding with maybe 220 dry sandpaper

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: David Dosser (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: December 17, 2012 05:31PM

All I have is short black pieces with 1/4" holes. All my other stuff is 3/8".

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Date: December 17, 2012 05:34PM

Hay Phil

Wood grips are bored out to fit arbors so they are lighter

So
ya i know you get the smallest ya can - but if ya can not then what ??

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Jim Scott (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: December 17, 2012 06:39PM

David,
I was thinking of a 5'' rear grip and a 2'' foregrip, blue and orange and pink and white. i could use black and trim it with the colors, larger bore on the colors wouldn't matter then. How much do you have? My email is unhidden if you would like to talk off forum.

Billy,
Great to see you back on the forum. I will see what i can find here but will contact you after the first of the year if i don't have any luck. I have attached a few photo links below of my last project that i finished with the components you provided. I thought you might be interested in how it turned out. Thank you for the help. Good luck and i hope you get back at it soon.

[www.rodbuilding.org]
[www.rodbuilding.org]
[www.rodbuilding.org]

Bill,
i plan on turning these down to about a 1'' dia. and don't want to hassle with building up the blank with some form of arbor. I will wait for Billy V before i do that.

I am still on the search for Blue, Orange, Pink and White (maybe red) 1/4'' bore or unbored EVA if anyone can help.

Thank You everyone for the comment so far.

J Scott
Englewood, Fl

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 17, 2012 09:16PM

I'm glad oyu pu tthos elinks up thre, AWESOME WORK!! YOuput them up teh day tha tI was ripped my shop apart, I was off line for several weeks for teh most part and missed a lot of stuff. Keep trying ot find it elsewhere, several weeks = closer to the end of January. Thank you...keep up awesome work like that!

Posted by: Ed Hermoyian (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: December 18, 2012 02:14PM

I will check when I get home tonight and if I have what you need will let you know.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster