I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Posted by: Randolph Ruwe (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: December 01, 2012 07:50PM

Yesterday I achieved the age of 69. Notice I didn't say "turned 69" at this age if you turn too fast you are liable to fall down! I am glad that I subscribed to RodMakers, and even more happy that I decided to participate in the Forum.
I am learning new things daily, even after 42 + years of rod building. Today I learned that a rod I had made for years was called a "centerpin" I always called them "Noodle Rods". I also learned about a number of mfg's who make reels for these rods and am anxious to check them out. I appreciate all the contributors to this site, and hope that I will be able to contribute some information to someone that will help them in building a better fishing rod. I would like to especially thank Tom Kirkman for his efforts in making the magazine and this site available. Don't let age stop you from being able to learn or be inventive on your own. :>) Randy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 69
Posted by: David Dosser (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: December 01, 2012 08:39PM

Congrats Randolph!

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Posted by: Jerry Cook (---.dhcp.stls.mo.charter.com)
Date: December 01, 2012 08:45PM

Happy Birthday Randolph.

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lns10.cht.bigpond.net.au)
Date: December 01, 2012 09:04PM

Hi Randolph,
Definite congratulations, if you don't learn something new every day your usually six feet under!! Keep on building, learning and hopefully there is plenty of years to come.. Check out these Aussie centre pin reels [www.motackle.com.au] . One of these is going to go very nicely with a rod I will build in the new year on a blank that I can hopefully get at the Expo

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Date: December 01, 2012 09:33PM

Col, you are absolutely right! Any day above ground can be made a good one!

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 01, 2012 10:01PM

It is the only Guaranty in life
I am not far behind you
Happy birthday

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: lorenzo tellez (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: December 01, 2012 10:06PM

May you have a lot more years ahead of you , God bless you! 69!

Date: December 01, 2012 10:17PM

Thanks Lorenzo, I wasn't posting to get birthday wishes but to say it is still nice to be able to learn new things. Even when you think you might know it all!!! I have been learning that I don't!!

Posted by: David Dosser (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: December 01, 2012 10:36PM

I wish I had 50 years of rod building knowledge. You contain a wealth of knowledge that you can pass on to others.

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Date: December 01, 2012 10:44PM

I am trying to do so. Submitted one article and one tip to Tom, and am working on two more articles for the magazine.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 01, 2012 11:08PM

I have NOWHERE near your experience (probably not close in skill either) but I have 4 years on you and you are right about learning every day!! I look forward to reading your articles. Are you going to the Expo?

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Richard Hahn (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 01, 2012 11:37PM

Happy Birthday

Date: December 02, 2012 12:11AM

I would love to go to the expo and am going to try and make it. Just depends on family circucmstances at the time. Thanks all for the birthday wishes. I appreciate them all.

Posted by: Jean Scurtu (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: December 02, 2012 02:16PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I am younger...just 67

Date: December 02, 2012 02:29PM

Jean, thanks you young pup!!

Posted by: lorenzo tellez (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: December 02, 2012 03:02PM

I am too pretty new at this Randolph, and at 51, I am glad also that I am learning something new, all these years I have wondered how they did all that, now thanks to Rodbuilding.org I know a lot more then just wondering lol! So many more rod building years for you and all who enjoy rodbuilding.

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.lightspeed.bcvloh.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 02, 2012 04:08PM

You are not just learning at the age of 69 but you are still teaching also. keep up the posting and Happy Birthday it is nice to have people with your maturity around as I am only 67. lol

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Date: December 02, 2012 04:33PM

Bill, you young sprout!! Thanks :>)

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lns10.cht.bigpond.net.au)
Date: December 02, 2012 04:49PM

I'm only 61 and you guys are making me feel like a nipper!!! Great to be able to pass a bit on and the learning bit doesn't stop on this site.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: chip burdick (---.sub-174-254-162.myvzw.com)
Date: December 02, 2012 07:53PM

Happy birthday and God bless. That is an achievement. May you have many more.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster