I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

ALPS
Posted by: gaston arnold (---.war.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: November 23, 2012 07:02PM

so i am dream building on the internet today and really like the looks of the alps aluminum trigger seats but am nervous that they weigh a ton.does anyone know how much more a size 16 weighs compared to a fuji deluxe graphite size 16.thanks in advance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2012 08:07PM by Tom Kirkman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ALPS
Posted by: Peter Genna (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 23, 2012 07:33PM

Probably 3 to 4 times the weight of aFuji graphite,but they are pretty.

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 23, 2012 07:50PM

Go to Batson's Site and email Karry or Adam they will give you the weight

Posted by: Bill Pulk-Midwest rod and reel (70.97.195.---)
Date: November 23, 2012 08:56PM

HI GASTON...I HAVE ONE IN STOCK IN THE TC COLOR AND I JUST WEIGHTED IT ...IT IS 2.2 oz....STANDARD CAST REEL SEAT IS ABOUT 0.09oz...SO A LITTLE OVER 2X AS MUCH

Bill@midwestrodandreel.com
www.midwestrodandreel.com

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lns10.cht.bigpond.net.au)
Date: November 23, 2012 09:20PM

Hi Gaston,
I've been using Alps aluminium seats for about four years, mainly tri seats, on all my saltwater rods even the light ones and don't notice the weight difference in that area of the rod. Definitely the best seats I've come across and I'd be hard pressed to go back to graphite even with the weight difference.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: Mark Gwynne (---.lns11.woo.bigpond.net.au)
Date: November 24, 2012 12:37AM

The new Altex ones are awesome. They only come in size 14 though. There are quite a lot of reels that will fit that though. I have not weighed one but believe they are lighter than the standard ALT or DALT.

Posted by: mark crouse (---.direcpc.com)
Date: November 24, 2012 02:31PM

why does every one call regular reel seats Graphite, they definite no Graphite, they are nylon hold a lighter under them and watch them melt. The weight of the reel seat on a casting rod is not important, since that is the spot you are holding the rod, all bass rods I built now are done with Alps seats.
Best Regards Mark Crouse

Posted by: gaston arnold (---.war.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: November 24, 2012 04:51PM

id say weight is important if i am holding it for a thousand casts

Posted by: Matthew Nelson (---.wavecable.com)
Date: November 25, 2012 01:00AM

I build using them all the time and they are awesome. The weight is insignificant as it is in your hand and at the balance point.

Posted by: mark crouse (---.direcpc.com)
Date: November 25, 2012 11:11AM

Hi Gaston
If you balnce a rod right the minor diference of an Nylon or Aluminum Reelseat will not matter to you, your reel proberly weighs 9 oz, thats what you will feel while you are holding and casting the rod, but the sensitivity of the Alps reel seat will not be beaten by a Nylon Reelseat.
Mark

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster