I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

painting with an Air Brush
Posted by: Donald Newenhouse (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: November 19, 2012 04:31PM

I done a search on the fourm, but came up empty handed..So maybe somebody or even the person who posted it could help me out . A quite awhile back a gentleman post a post along with three pictures of him painting a rod plank with an air brush.he also explained how he did it. He had a pretty nice set up with a real nice back drop. Does anybody remember this ?? That can help me out ? I done a search on the picture link and looked at most of them, but came up empty there also..

<<<<DON>>>>
Fort Myers Fla.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: painting with an Air Brush
Posted by: Tom St.Clair (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: November 19, 2012 07:11PM

did a quick "airbrush" (all one word) search and found this.....good luck

[rodbuilding.org]

--------------------------------

tom in indy

Posted by: bobby stout (---.redriver.army.mil)
Date: November 20, 2012 10:30AM

. Rick Hiel inpoved the prodcure of spraying and tinting U-40 he is a geat guy and will help you understand how to apply and use the air brush to paint your rods. He has a great write up here just do a search for spraying with u-40 perma gloss. You will find a link with pics of him painting a rod blank. i use his method to paint my blanks and it works just great.

Bobby Stout
Bloomburg, TX

Posted by: bobby stout (---.redriver.army.mil)
Date: November 20, 2012 10:51AM

Well i would paste a short cut to his pics but too old to know and learn how, you can do a member search and find him in photos page and he has 4 pics of painting a blank

Bobby Stout
Bloomburg, TX

Date: November 20, 2012 09:10PM

Thank you Tom and Bobby for your replies. Tom I followed the link you posted, read most of them , however what I,m looking for is the post with the instrctions on how to apply paint with u-40 perma gloss by using an airbrush. Ok, Bobby thats the post that I'm looking for . Was able to pull up the pictures that he posted . Although I still came up enpty doing a search for the post Rick Hiel posted by using the key words you posted . Now if I could come up with Ricks email address would help.

HELP !!!! Looking for "RICK HIEL" .....

<<<<DON>>>>
Fort Myers Fla.

Date: November 20, 2012 09:10PM

Thank you Tom and Bobby for your replies. Tom I followed the link you posted, read most of them , however what I,m looking for is the post with the instrctions on how to apply paint with u-40 perma gloss by using an airbrush. Ok, Bobby thats the post that I'm looking for . Was able to pull up the pictures that he posted . Although I still came up enpty doing a search for the post Rick Hiel posted by using the key words you posted . Now if I could come up with Ricks email address would help.

HELP !!!! Looking for "RICK HIEL" .....

<<<<DON>>>>
Fort Myers Fla.

Date: November 20, 2012 10:20PM

Ok disreguard the last two post. Sorry for the double post .. I just realized that I was spelling Ricks last name wrong in doing the search . I done another search with his name spelled correctly and came up with the information .. Thanks

<<<<DON>>>>
Fort Myers Fla.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 21, 2012 08:42AM

Take a look at this urethane clear It can be thinned and sprayed Drys hard and quick

[www.klasskote.com]

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Walt Natzke (---.dhcp.snlo.ca.charter.com)
Date: November 21, 2012 09:34PM

For anyone else who would like the link, here it is, by Rick Heil:

[rodbuilding.org]

Walt Natzke
Ripon, CA

Date: November 22, 2012 09:42AM

Thank you Walt, that is the link that I was looking for. I came up with some other information,but the link you posted is the one I was really looking for .Thanks again....And Bill I will be checking into the link you posted.It looks as it could be some pretty good stuff... " Happy Thanksgiving"

<<<<DON>>>>
Fort Myers Fla.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster