I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NERBs NY, NJ, CT, PA October 6th & 7th
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 25, 2012 07:56AM

I'm doing a NERBs Gathering at my shop on October 6th & 7th - I already have 18 people signed up for the 6th so sign up ASAP. TOpics covered will be:Microwave vs KR Concept comparison casting using Bushido blank - using high speed camera; CP & Epoxy Finish; Guide Repairs. I know that I will be covering Dec WRaps as well because a few guys are bringing wraps they are working on for any advice I can provide them with. As always, breakfast, lunch and drinks will be supplied, maybe some snacks and dessert too you never know. We also might be doing an Octoberfest/Pumpkin Ale sampling, so feel free to bring your favorite brew. The gatherings are very informative and a heck of a lot of fun, I've averaged 22 builders at each of the 15 gatherings I've done in 2012, so if you havent' been to one now is the time to let us help you build better fishing rods.

GATHERING SCHEDULE for Fall 2012

October 6 9AM Staten Island - Microwave vs KR Concept comparison casting using Bushido blank - using high speed camera; CP & Epoxy Finish; Guide Repairs

October 7 10AM Staten Island - Dec Wraps & Dec Grips; CP & Epoxy

October 13 TBA - Grip making session in SI or NJ?

October 20 10AM Leominster, Mass - Dec Wraps & Dec Grips

October 27 10AM - Wisconsin/Iowa - Tri State Rodbuilders with Mark Blabaum - topics will include custom grip inlays in wood, cork & Foam, Decorative Wraps simple & Advanced. Contact Mark Blabaum at mark@hallada.com

October 28 10AM - Chicago - hosted by Dan Makauskas & Al Ciner, topics will include custom grip inlays in wood, cork & Foam, Decorative Wraps simple & Advanced. Contact Dan Makauskas at dmakauskas@gmail.com

November 3 10AM Tabernacle, NJ - Selecting and building a surf rod. Wraps & Grips & whatever else people are interested in.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NERBs NY, NJ, CT, PA October 6th & 7th
Date: September 25, 2012 08:21AM

An added bonus to attending a NERBs Gathering is you can hear my sarcasm and jokes abotu how silly so many things that go on in rodbuilding and on the forums are in person. lol.

Posted by: Don O'Neil (---.dhcp.asfd.ct.charter.com)
Date: September 25, 2012 11:53AM

I'll be in Leominster

I'm going to try to make both days in SI

DonO

Posted by: Harry Kelly (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 25, 2012 04:58PM

Email sent for the 6th................thanks Billy

Date: September 27, 2012 07:57AM

HArry & DOn, I added you both in for teh 6th. DOne is in for a maybe on the 7th and in for Mass. Teh MAss gathering is a lot of fun, I'm bringing my scroll saw & having someone bring a lathe and I'll be doing grip inlays Billy V Style.

Posted by: Gabe Nakash (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: September 29, 2012 12:56PM

~~~~~~~GUYS THIS IS A GREAT EVENT FOR THOSE WANTING TO HAVE A GOOD TIME, SOME LAUGHS, SOME BREWS, AND EVEN LEARN A THING OR TWO ABOUT HOW TO BUILD SOME OF THE GREATEST RODS AROUND FROM SOME OF THE BEST!!!~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~ IF YOU COME YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED, AND WILL MOST DEFINETLY LEAVE WITH A BETTER KNOWLEDGE OF HOW TO BUILD THE BEST FISHING RODS IN THE AREA!!~~~~~~~~

COME ON DOWN!

THERE WILL BE A LOT OF GREAT STUFF FOR SALE, AND SOME GREAT DEALS AS WELL!!!!
BILLY IS DISTRIBUTOR OF AMTAK, FUGI, SEEKER, AND MANY MORE TOP OF THE LINE COMPANIES, ALL AT A GREAT PRICE!!!!

THANKS!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster