I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

New Member Intro
Posted by: Troy Whitrock (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: September 19, 2012 09:57PM

Just wanted to say hello from south central Wisconsin. My 10yr old Daughter and I started this addiction last winter and are getting ready for more builds when the snow flies. We have learned alot from this site and its members and look forward to making new friends

Troy and Aliyah

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Member Intro
Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lnse5.cht.bigpond.net.au)
Date: September 20, 2012 02:23AM

Hi Troy and Aliyah,
Good to see a new builder and terrific to see a 10 year old girl that wants to get involved. The forum is very good and most questions get good quick answer. Good luck with your builds and welcome aboard. I hope your daughter stays involved as some young builders are needed. Once she learns she won't forget and she knows where see can catch up.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: ray balmforth (---.nsw.bigpond.net.au)
Date: September 20, 2012 07:58AM

Another hello from across the other side of the world.As Col said the forum is great and you wont be dissapointed the help you recieve is
excellent.Great to hear you have a little helper nothing like having a fishing buddy who helps you build as well.

cheers

Ray Balmforth
Figtree
NSW
Australia

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: September 20, 2012 09:09AM

Hello and WELCOME aboard Troy & Daughter.

The search feature is very useful just rember to change the date to ALL Dates(Tom is there a way you can get it to start at all dates?).

A lot of info in the Library and the Photo section, but for the Photo Section you need to register separetly from the regular forum.

If you see a term you do not understand the Glossary will help.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: Stephen Gruber (---.new.res.rr.com)
Date: September 20, 2012 08:47PM

Troy and Aliyah,
Welcome from NE Wisconsin! I'm up in the Fox Cities and am always happy to help in any way I can. My contact info is on my profile, so let me know if there's anything I can do.

Tight wraps,
Stephen

Posted by: David Dosser (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: September 22, 2012 03:39PM

Nice to meet you. Glad to hear that you and your daughter are building together.

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Posted by: ray balmforth (---.nsw.bigpond.net.au)
Date: September 24, 2012 07:08AM

355 views and only 6 replies 2 from Australia.Come on guys we can do better than this how much time does it take to reply and say hello.If this
site is promoting rod building lets welcome all members.If some one can take the time to introduce themselves how about taking the time to
saying welcome .If i had of recieved a welcome like this i would of looked elsewhere.This site is great at helping people with their problems
about building so lets extend that to a friendly welcome to mew members who knows they may know more than a lot of us and can help us.

cheers

Ray Balmforth
Figtree
NSW
Australia

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 24, 2012 08:46AM

Troy, at the end of October MArk Blabaum & Dan Makauskas are hosting a rod building gatheirng. One in Iowa, the other in CHicago. I'm flying in frommore info contact me at NY for both of these events. If you want xlrods@yahoo.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster