I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Trying to find rod builders in GA.
Posted by: Richard Curry (---.49.91.75.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: September 10, 2012 01:37PM

ANYONE !!! Know where I can get in touch with other rod builders that are addicted to this art that live in Georgia? I would like to meet with them to shear and learn more about this art, up to now I have learned from this forum and the Rod Maker Magazine. Thank's for all the help for, I'm hooked . Wife said " Find a hobby you have to much free time to think". Ok I found some thing to do with this Free time I love to do. When I try to talk to her about It . I get "I don't know what you'r talking about. ." Help anyone in GA.

Richard Curry
Maysville GA.

What is life without fishing ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trying to find rod builders in GA.
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 10, 2012 02:05PM

try here
[www.tackleworks.org]

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Ed Hermoyian (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: September 10, 2012 03:26PM

I'm in Marietta, GA and suffer from a similar addiction. Unfortunately, day job gets in my way of fishing and building!

Posted by: Joel Smith (---.newton.k12.ga.us)
Date: September 10, 2012 04:22PM

I'm in Covington. My wife doesn't really care about the techincal part of building a rod but she does like choosing the colors for the wraps!

Posted by: Bert Nagy (---.asm.bellsouth.net)
Date: September 10, 2012 04:38PM

I am in Lawrenceville about 45 from you. Be glad to have you over and talk rod building.

Don't have any on the turner right now. I'm retired, so I am around a lot.

Bert Nagy

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: September 10, 2012 05:32PM

You`re off to the right start by adding your signature behind your name. I wish more would do that.

There are ten of us from a five county area in Ohio that get together once a month and it was all started by a couple guys noticing where I was from, or I saw where they were and contacted them. Two I found at tackle shops. You have to ask if they have any one repairing rods for them, if so there is one contact. I even found one at a garage sale. I over heard a conversation and he mentioned to another guy about building rods.

Good luck,

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: Hydra Fishing, LLC (---.aik.sc.atlanticbb.net)
Date: September 10, 2012 08:25PM

We're in Aiken, SC - about 20 min past Augusta, GA.

Hydra Fishing, LLC

Online: [www.hydrafishing.com]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Email: info@hydrafishing.com

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lns3.cht.bigpond.net.au)
Date: September 11, 2012 01:34AM

Hi Richard,
Bill is correct, if you put your town or city after your name then people know where you are. That's how the SEARBS group got started when I saw where Barry Chapman lived. A few flyers in local tackle stores and boat ramps and now we have eight. Good luck forming a group. From my bit of experience it is well worth the effort and can expand everyones knowledge of rodbuilding and solve all the worlds problems!! Be a lot less of them if everyone did a bit of building.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: corky fleming (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: September 11, 2012 09:11AM

Good Morning, I am in Savannah, GA and would also like to get with some people with Rod Building. Maybe we can get a group together and meet at least once a quarter. Will be looking forward to hearing from some. My e mail should not be hidden.

Posted by: Woody Davis (---.mc.at.cox.net)
Date: September 11, 2012 10:47AM

I'm from Warner Robins, Georgia and have been building for a couple of years. Would love to meet other buildings .

Woody Davis <><

Posted by: Richard Curry (---.49.91.75.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: September 13, 2012 10:26AM

Joel;
I live in Maysville GA. I would e-mail you, but your profile does not show an address so i'll give you my email:::

papacurry@gmail.com I'll give you my phone when I here from you , we can talk.ok?

Richard Curry
LINEGRABBER CUSTOM RODS

What is life without fishing ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster