I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NERBs Gatherings Fall 2012 - florida, Iowa, Chicago, maybe Canada. Of course SI, NJ, and maybe Mass
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 28, 2012 12:13PM

I've compiled a nice list of places to do gatherings this Fall, I hope people take the opportunity to get to one (or more) and learn the finer points of the craft hands on, and have a GREAT time doing so. I will be flying to the Orlando, Iowa, and Chicago gatherings, but will not be at the Canada gathering.

GATHERING SCHEDULE for Fall 2012

September 15 10am Orlando, Florida - This will be the first of hopefully many NERBs Gatherings in Florida. Topics will include Decorative Wraps, Simple & Advanced. Tips and tricks of guide wraps. Whatever else those attending what to learn about. I have not found a location to host, any suggestions (update, I might have secured a tackle shop in Orlando!!)

October 6 10AM Staten Island - Building a Blackfish Rod & epoxy tips and tricks. Any other topics let me know.

October 20 10AM Tabernacle, NJ - Selecting and building a surf rod. Wraps & Grips & whatever else people are interested in

October 27 10AM - Wisconsin/Iowa - Tri State Rodbuilders with Mark Blabaum - topics will include custom grip inlays in wood, cork & Foam, Decorative Wraps simple & Advanced.

October 28 10AM - Chicago - hosted by Dan Makauskas and Al Ciner, this will be the 5th or 6th gathering in Chicago, and the second one which I've been fortunate enough to attend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2012 12:14PM by Billy Vivona.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NERBs Gatherings Fall 2012 - florida, Iowa, Chicago, maybe Canada. Of course SI, NJ, and maybe Mass
Posted by: Mark Blabaum (---.dsl.mhtc.net)
Date: August 28, 2012 01:20PM

I have to apologize for not getting an e/mail put out as quickly as I should, the gathering will be held at the Swiss Valley Nature Center in Peosta, IA on October 27th. If you are interested please e/mail me at Hellsangler@live.com and I'll put you on the mailing list. I hope to put together a list of hotels in the area as well for the people coming from a distance. The address for the event is on this link [maps.google.com] . I hope that every one interested will be able to attend, details to follow. Thanks Mark Blabaum

Re: NERBs Gatherings Fall 2012 - florida, Iowa, Chicago, maybe Canada. Of course SI, NJ, and maybe Mass
Date: August 28, 2012 09:28PM

MArk thanks for adding this indfo, i'll add it to the NERBs site. THere' sa lot of interest in the gatherings all over teh place, we're adding a North Carolina gatheing to the mix for teh Fall. Anyone who passes up these opportunity's is crazy

Date: August 29, 2012 08:06AM

The Orlando Florida gathering is going to be held at Kel's Rod & Reel Service. We are hoping ot have builders form CEntral Florida Rodcrafters, Apopka Rodcrafters, and Suncoast Rodcrafters in attendance.

Posted by: Don Morse (---.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com)
Date: August 29, 2012 08:27AM

Billy we would love to have you in Michigan in the spring if at all possible. May be able to get you out walleye fishing while you are here ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster