I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rodmaker
Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lnse3.ken.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 27, 2012 03:49AM

Hi Gents,
The 15-3 issue has finally arrived in the land of Oz. A quick look through shows some neat articles but the Photo Gallery caught my eye. Some outstanding stuff!!! by Robert, Ed, the two Steves, Pat and Mark. Exceptional stuff, can you get any better!!. I realise that flashy looking rods don't work any better, perhaps a little less with more weight, than plain rods but I know what I'd rather own and be using. Hats off to all you guys.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rodmaker
Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: August 27, 2012 06:57AM

Hello Col.

Thanks Col it's a great honor to have any rods in RodMaker Magazine, Tom took the shot at the EXPO, I had a series of rods(most like the yellow one) that I brought for the display case that is up front at the EXPO every year and he liked those two.
The green one was built as a present to one of my nieces while the yellow one was part of the series.

I'm afraid I did not get a chance this weekend to work on the thread project again this weekend but have hopes too start over the labor day weekend, I will have three days off of work.

Tight Wraps.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lnse3.ken.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 27, 2012 08:09AM

Hi Bob,
No rush, will do some with Barry on the 8th on the mettler he's got and when I get my workshop finished I will do more, one on every spool of madeira and brother, about 150 tests. Plus I'm going to order another 20 spools of madeira so will include those also. Love those rods in the mag and yours are up there. Hopefully one day I can do a couple that are worthy of being in the mag. Something to aspire to.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: Dave O'Brien (202.74.138.---)
Date: August 27, 2012 05:24PM

Col,

It's nice to know that the 15-3 issue is out in Oz and i should be seeing soon i hope

Dave O'Brien
Port Macquarie
Australia

Posted by: Tristan Batho (---.ryqe1.cht.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 28, 2012 03:24AM

hi guys
where about do u subscribe to this magazine in oz??
cheers

Tristan
Sydney, NSW
Australia

Posted by: Garry N Harris (---.pa.vic.optusnet.com.au)
Date: August 28, 2012 03:35AM

Been trying to contact Ian Wilson for 3 months to subscribe to the magazine but no reply, is he still alive?

I always take life with a grain of salt. Plus a slice of lemon and a shot of Tequila.

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lns8.cht.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 28, 2012 03:52AM

Hi Tristan and Garry,
Sometimes they're are hard to track down. Julie is a bit easier to find on the phone on (02)44542140 or julie@millerods.com.au. Ian is on ian@millerods.com. You just have to keep trying and you'll catch someone eventually.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster