I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Veritas micro guide picture
Posted by: Zachary Kowasz (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: August 21, 2012 08:05AM

I finally figured out that I had to register seperatly to post photos, so I got a picture up of the guide I'm trying to Identify, the pic is of the third guide from the handle, I broke the second one which is I beleive a 5mm. its in photos under misc. If anyone knows what kind of guides these are PLEASE HELP! I've been ripping my hair out trying to figure it out!

Kowasz Custom
Perry, NY

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Veritas micro guide picture
Posted by: rick sodke (---.pmc-sierra.bc.ca)
Date: August 21, 2012 12:32PM

Could be PacBay M guides (MHG-5 high framed micro assuming the frame is chrome).

Posted by: Zachary Kowasz (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: August 21, 2012 03:43PM

I thought it was a pac bay SV guide, they have specs for a 5mm ring but no part number, ughhhhhhhhhh!

Posted by: Bob McKamey (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: August 21, 2012 04:05PM

Zach -- Lots of rod companies now have guides made just for thier rods. This really holds true with many of the rods coming in from the orient. In many instances, some of these guides on those type rods are never sold as a seperate part in the U.S. Sometimes you may have to change/move some of the guides around and use another type guide in the guides sytem to make it work. I know that is not the answer you wanted to hear, but on occasion you have just do the best you can, with what is available to make something workable again.

Bob McKamey
Mud Hole Custom Tackle
bobm@mudhole.com

Posted by: Ladd Flock (---.int.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 21, 2012 04:44PM

Here's some older info:

[rodbuilding.org]
[www.tackletour.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster