I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Supplier referral
Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: August 15, 2012 01:53PM

Recieved a call this morning from a fellow who had lost the gimbel cover on his fishing rod he had called Muchole to try and get a replacement. I guess having a problem figureing out the proper size Bob McGamey had him call me and i had him come here to get the right cover. Mission complete and he also has a couple repairs that need attention, so overall it came out well. Having it passed back from the Dealer was a New Experience!

Thank You to Bob and Mudhole

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Supplier referral
Posted by: Bob Mankin (---.static-ip.telepacific.net)
Date: August 15, 2012 02:11PM

Customer service is not a lost art over there. Good tag team effort. When I had an issue a couple of years ago on a sale item during what I'm sure was a high demand period(Black Friday), Bob called me up to make amends. Good peeps at Mudhole.

Posted by: William (Bill) Jones (---.pool.starband.net)
Date: August 15, 2012 03:33PM

That is good old "Duck River" Bob

Posted by: Chris Phillips (---.netrun.cytanet.com.cy)
Date: August 16, 2012 04:29AM

Mudhole is the best by far fullstop. Building rods across the atlantic (meditterranean), take it from me is not the same as building them inthe US. Picture this, you get an order you set a delivery date and you make an order with an online supplier. Goods will take approximately 10-12 days to get here. You have the goods , after you pay big on shipping and customs, (this sky rockets the price of the end product by the way !!), and when you open the box you find out that some idiot half way round the planet forgot to put in the proper items or he put it in with the wrong dimensions etc... What do you do??? Some companies even ignore your order and about a month later , when you inquire about your order say sorry we cannot serve you because of this and that and the other. Meanwhile you have the customer calling you every other day to see how his much awaited custom built is coming along??
Never once in all the orders i have made with Mudhole did I have the slightest problem. On the contrary, some times I wonder how they manage to put together the orders litterally in a flash and have them dispatched same day !! Not only for Rodbuilding but for any online shop Mudhole is the absolute best by far.

Phillips Hot Rods
C Y P R U S
[phillipshotrods.wix.com]

Posted by: Bill Sidney (---.gci.net)
Date: August 16, 2012 01:22PM

I have had some dealings with Mudhole an it has all turned out postive all the time with them , they will bend over backward to help even the small orders like mine
they have one of the best customer service sections around BILL

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster