I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Next SEArbs meet
Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lnse3.cht.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 07, 2012 03:40AM

Hi Gents,
The next SEArbs meet will be on Saturday the 8th of September at Barry Chapman's in Bundeena. Looks like we'll get a full compliment and any other Aussie builders in the Sydney area are welcome to attend. Skill level is totally unimportant.
Got an email from Mark Fisher during the week and he lives along way from us. He will be in our neck of the woods in November and would like to get together with us for a rodbuilding chat. That's a great opportunity for us to meet with one of the top builders in the country so we will do eveything possible to make it happen. He's a busy man and we'd like to thank him for the chance to meet up. I'm sure everyone present will learn a lot that day. Looks like there might be a "sickie" or two if it has to be midweek.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Next SEArbs meet
Posted by: Mark Newcombe (---.100-50-210.dynamic.dsl.syd.iprimus.net.au)
Date: August 07, 2012 05:12AM

Looking forward to it mate keeping myself in cotton wool this month so ill be ok for the trip

cheers
Mark
Old Bar NSW

Date: August 07, 2012 05:15AM

Hi Mark,
You take care, your health comes first.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 07, 2012 07:46AM

Sounds good!! MAke sure oyu take and post photos. HAve a fun time guys

Date: August 07, 2012 07:52AM

Hi Billy,
We can do that as Mark Newcombe is a professional photograher so will get better shots than I can take!!!

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: August 07, 2012 12:58PM

Hello Col.

You Folks have a good time and like Billy say's take a lot of pictures.

Tight Wraps.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: mark crouse (---.unassigned.ntelos.net)
Date: August 07, 2012 08:35PM

I wish I could come, its just a little to far.
Mark

Posted by: ray balmforth (---.lns2.cht.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 07, 2012 09:10PM

Yes will be good to catch up again and meet Mark and another new bloke Col has found.Col is putting a lot of effort into making
this happen.Hopefully we can entice a few more builders to come along.Be a great coup if we can get Mark Fisher to meet up
with us when hes down our way.Also the welcome is extended to any one from overseas who is lucky enough to be in
Aussie and wants to meet up maybe have a fish and swap ideas and solve the problems of the world (drink a few beers).
Billy do you need a holiday ?

cheers

Ray Balmforth
Figtree
NSW
Australia

Date: August 08, 2012 03:18AM

Hi Mark Crouse,
You'd be more than welcome as what I've seen of your stuff is excellent at least!!
I've got the same problem as I would love to get to the States to attend an ICRBE and met some of you guys face to face. I'll just keep saving and I'll get there one day.

Ray thanks for the words but nothing will happen if I just wish about it, you've got to make it happen and I don't mind doing it. We'll get a decent sized group eventually.
You never know who is coming our way for a holiday and maybe Billy will some day. You can corner him and extract his fabulous grip building techniques and put your new lathe to good use. But you might have to stand in line.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: Russell Brunt (165.214.14.---)
Date: August 09, 2012 02:15PM

I have to say Col, whenever I see that acronym for you group I think......middle eastern amphibious landing.....LOL!

I think most any USA saltwater fisherman dreams of fishing your waters.

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Date: August 09, 2012 06:01PM

Hi Russ,
Didn't want it to sound like Serbs but after we've been going for a while no one will notice. NERBS could be construed as a bunch of computer geeks but we know better!!
There are some really good spots with lots of good fish and they're huge areas such as Cape York peninsula, all the Northern Territory and most of the West Coast. Some of the Great Barrier Reef still fishes well but it cops a hammering in most areas. Unfortunately most of that is a long way from me but the local area still has it's moments, you just have to be in the right place at the right time, easier said than done!!!

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster