I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Guide Wraps
Posted by: Jack Tener (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 23, 2012 02:17AM

I'm seeing several guide wraps here in the photo section that are different then anything i've seen. Besides wrapping around the rod, they're also wrapping up and down the rod. Does anyone know what they call this, and how is it done? Is there a site for doing this type of wrap. Would like to try, but can't figure out just how it's done. Thanks for any help, Jack

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Guide Wraps
Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lns9.cht.bigpond.net.au)
Date: July 23, 2012 02:54AM

Hi Jack,
Not sure what you mean, if you can link a photo to here or give us the name of the guy that's done it and that will help.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.skylan.net)
Date: July 23, 2012 06:36AM

Are you talking about butt wraps? I`m with the Col, just a little un-sure what you mean.

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: July 23, 2012 09:04AM

Hello Guy's.

Could it be weaving?

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Date: July 23, 2012 11:37AM

Thanks for the responses to my question. I'll look and see if i can find them again and post.

Date: July 23, 2012 12:25PM

The guide wrap i mentioned is by Mike Joyce. I thought it was in the guide wraps photo section on here, but it's on Mikes own profile photos. I'm no good at transferring pics to here, so i won't be able to show you. If i can figure out how to do that, i will and then maybe someone call help. Many thanks just the same, it stupid when it comes to computers. Hopefully i'll be back later with a pic. Jack

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lns9.cht.bigpond.net.au)
Date: July 24, 2012 07:42AM

Hi Jack,
Is this the one your talking about?[www.rodbuilding.org]. If so it's like a butt wrap with part of the overbinding used to finish the ends. Looks neat but you need Michael Joyce to tell you how it's done. Going to take up a lot of space on the rod and I'd say it's only the stripper guide that's done like this. Basically it's two small butt wraps on either side of the guide feet with some of the ends going a bit further before being finished by the rest of the overbinding.
Click on his name and send him an email and he will probably explain it to you.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2012 07:59AM by Col Chaseling.

Date: July 31, 2012 09:51PM

Thanks Col, now that you said that and i sat and looked at it, i understand it a lot better. Thanks much for your input. Jack

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster