I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Fuji KB runners?
Posted by: lorenzo tellez (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: July 19, 2012 08:33PM

I am ordering some KB runners Fuji micros , they have an opening on the bottom of the ring, I was wondering if I would need to do a Forhan locking wrap on those, since it has that opening I was thinking that the epoxy would flow into that and that way there would be no need for the Forhan locking wrap, has anyone wapped any of these micros? I can use some ideas on wrapping them before I get started, hope to hear from some of you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fuji KB runners?
Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: July 19, 2012 09:25PM

Many custom builders have been using KB 4.0 and 4.5 on rods since March.

The first ones appeared at the High Point Show in February.

The opening on the frame is called the "wicking window" by Anglers Resource/Fuji - it is there for a purpose and it works

You used the term runners - the guides are also used on bait casting rods.

Many are using the KB micro for all on top, all same size bait casting power rods.

No Forhan needed - dual "spade feet": on frame - they work - no pull outs when wrapped and finished correctly.

Easy to wrap - A size thread under adequate tension ramps with no guide foot prep or grinding.

Thousands in service wiht no identifiable warranty issues at present. Finally!!

Swampland will be pleased to fill your anticipated order - The guides are in stock and ready for shipment - buy a box of 100 each and get free shipping!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2012 09:33PM by Bill Stevens.

Posted by: Randy Kruger (---.cbpu.com)
Date: July 19, 2012 10:18PM

I have built 3 spinning rods using the micro KB. They work very well. They sit on the blank nicely, and the thread runs up the guide foot with little problem.

Posted by: lorenzo tellez (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: July 19, 2012 11:45PM

Ok, thanks! I am looking forward to wrapping those. Tight wraps!

Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: July 20, 2012 09:27AM

Thanks, Bill. You took the words right out of my mouth! I know they are working flawlessly on the A Rig rods you offer and that's a true test.

Date: July 20, 2012 11:11AM

Thanks Mr. Ising -

I only have one question at this time.

What does the KB stand for?

I think the designation should be changed to SP

Short for STAY PUT!

Posted by: corky fleming (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: July 20, 2012 11:53AM

KB -- Keep Bound

Date: July 20, 2012 04:17PM

I have no clue. We are seldom privy to the rationale that permeates the inner circle of Fuji HQ. Near as we can figure it the "K-Series Belly Guide"

Date: July 21, 2012 11:51AM

Now we are having fun!

Lorenzo Swampland will raise the ante if you order 100 of any KB Micro Guides from Swampland.

If you think Jim Ising and i are teaming up on you just wait for the Rest of This Story!!

Place the order and you will also receive a free bottle of Swampland Hot Sauce and the best recipe for Seafood Gumbo in the entire world.

What say you Mr. Ising?

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 21, 2012 04:18PM

Do It

That hot sauce is great

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: corky fleming (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: July 22, 2012 08:34AM

Worth the HOT SAUCE by its self. I would like to see the recipe for the Seafood Gumbo, If it is anything like the hot sauce it got to be out of this world.

Posted by: William (Bill) Jones (---.pool.starband.net)
Date: July 22, 2012 03:00PM

Bill probably got it from Big Al there in Houma.

Date: July 23, 2012 09:48AM

I can tell you the New Iberia Black Gumbo recipe Bill has is lip-smackin' good! The recipe is 4 pages long (there's a little bit of a story as you might expect from Bill) but when you finally slice that hard boiled egg and spoon the dark roux gumbo over some sticky rice....uh oh, shouldn't have thought about it...looks like it time to make gumbo again!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster