I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Mudhole Blank Madness Advice
Posted by: Scott Degen (---.static.fdul.wi.charter.com)
Date: July 02, 2012 02:23PM

Hello,

I've been reading up on this craft, and I just finished up making my first rod out of a kit. I want to continue learning by doing a few more cheap rods that don't have to look perfect. Every year I do a carp contest with my dad, using 6 rods, and none of our current tackle really suits the job.

So I'm thinking I'm going to get a bunch of these 7-7 1/2 foot rod blanks at [www.mudhole.com] and build them up. Seems like a cost effective way to get some practice in. However, the random nature of these rods makes me think there's not a whole lot I can do as far as knowing what guides I'm going to need. Do you guys have any advice on this? Should I wait until I get the rods to size them up and figure out what guides I should need?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mudhole Blank Madness Advice
Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.skylan.net)
Date: July 02, 2012 02:35PM

MudHole, or any of the sponsors to the left can tell you exactly what you need when you order the blanks. Just let them know what you would like to do.

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: matthew jacobs (---.rose.net)
Date: July 02, 2012 03:52PM

Giving them a call is usually the best bet or drop them an e-mail.
Good folks with great service.

Posted by: JIM MOWL (---.sub-174-252-233.myvzw.com)
Date: July 04, 2012 06:06AM

Sounds like your talking about thier multiple blank grab bags and you wont know what blank your getting until they arrive, all you know is they are 7 1/2 foot. I think you better wait until they're in hand to determine what guides are suitable. They could be anythin from UL action to heavy surf blanks. I get the impression they don't even know what they plan on sending you, thats the reason for such a low price.
A call or email might help though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster