I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

cts rods
Posted by: james gregory (---.mycingular.net)
Date: June 09, 2012 08:32PM

anyone out there got a lead on cts rods.any help will be appreciated.thanks ,jim

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cts rods
Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lns14.cht.bigpond.net.au)
Date: June 09, 2012 08:54PM

Hi James,
They come from the land of "The Land of the Long White Cloud" ie New Zealand. Check out www.cts.com. They've got a standard international shipping fee but there's a distributor somewhere in the States. Haven't tried one as yet but from a lot of guys on the forum have got very good words to say about them.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: john timberlake (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: June 09, 2012 10:40PM

i liked everyone i ever held...my problem was i couldnt decide which blank i wanted and which color. they offer too many options IMO. now they are hard to get unless you order directly from them

Posted by: Ashley Wright (---.lnk.telstra.net)
Date: June 10, 2012 08:55AM

I use them exclusively for barra baitcasters/Spin and jig rods here in Australia. I cannot speak highly enough of both their product and service. They have tried to cover a lot of bases with their product agreed. The elite magspin range is my favourite, small diamteres beautiful action......and the custom colours are awesome. I dont have any first hand knowledge of your fishing techniques in the US so I would be reluctant to reccomend any particular models for a particular purpose. If you send them an email with what you want they make a fairly accurate reccomendation (from experience). They will also work with you, the custom rod builder, to design and manufacture your "own" blank with whatever attributes you want.....for a very respectable $70-80 NZ (One off fee) which works out to be about US$50.

Posted by: Capt Neil Faulkner (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 10, 2012 12:12PM

hi,

I have built on the ES 703, 704 and 705. Also on the @#$%& 702, 703, 704, 705 and 706. These are excellent blanks that are very sensitive with lots of backdown. I use them for bottom fishing all around Long Island, NY. I would say that they are under rated. We are trying to catch bigger fish to really test them.

The tip action I would say is fast to extra fast. Since I like a moderate action I had them design special blanks for me using the @#$%& 702, 703 and 704 models. I asked for about 36" of flex and they gave me almost that and I am happy they did as I am very happy with the results.

Most of the CTS blanks around here are used for the surf rods. I hear they cast like a dream.

Capt Neil Faulkner

Posted by: james gregory (---.mycingular.net)
Date: June 10, 2012 01:06PM

i have built on several of the bass blanks and they are a dream.i did get them hear in US from a supplier but they no longer list them.guess i will have to pay the extra ship.thanks for the input.jim.

Posted by: Capt Neil Faulkner (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 10, 2012 02:53PM

James, please PM me. captneilf@aol.com

Capt Neil Faulkner

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lns14.cht.bigpond.net.au)
Date: June 10, 2012 04:18PM

Hi James,
The website is www.ctsfishing.com. Appologies for getting wrong the first time.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: ray balmforth (---.lns7.ken.bigpond.net.au)
Date: June 10, 2012 07:09PM

I have seen a few rods that were built on ultra light blanks and they were very nice.The builder was also happy with
the performance.But the supply dried up and there not cheap and the cost for delivery across the ditch is a bit over the
top in my opinion.Next time i am over there i may try and bring a few back.

cheers....Ray

Ray Balmforth
Figtree
NSW
Australia

Posted by: Scott Greenberg (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: June 11, 2012 09:59AM

check out www.merricktackle.com we have them.thank you ,scott greenberg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster