I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

guide spacing
Posted by: jonathan r ghazal (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: June 07, 2012 08:51PM

I have a Batson Rainshadow RX7 Graphite IST1084F rod blank. I need to find a guide spacing chart to make a spinning rod out of it. Does anybody know where I can find one. It is not on the Batson website. Any help would be appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: guide spacing
Posted by: Col Chaseling (101.161.49.---)
Date: June 07, 2012 09:13PM

Hi Johnathan,
Guide spacing for a spinning rod can change with the reel you are going to use. There has been a few recent posts on the subject with links to more info. You may find it interesting to check them out. The NGC ( or 27x ) method should be good for what you want. The reading, understanding and setup will take a bit of time but you will find it's worth the effort.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: Drew Pollock (---.100-30-64.ftth.swbr.surewest.net)
Date: June 08, 2012 12:45AM

If you want a chart, email Batson. They are great about having a "recipe" for you and that's how I did my first rod.

With that said, the NGC method is a quick and easy way to come up with your own spacing in virtually no extra time. I would recommend you learn and use this as it will yield a great result the first time through.

You can also try the GPS software which I found to be excellent-as long as you use Fuji guides:
[anglersresource.net]

You need to take into account your grip length, guide height and your reel to get the spacing just right. the NGC allows you to customize as you go and will result in an excellent rod the first time out. While it is true, that using the specific reel in your measurements results in an optimal build, things are similar enough that for practical purposes it doesn't make much difference. The spacing I have listed below has been fished with 4 different spinning reels and has caught fish with all of them.

What guides and what grip length are you using?

If you get stuck, I can send you the spacing I used with a Batson IST1085 which is similar enough to what you have that it would be fine. Actually, here it is-disclaimer-I have not done it this way since, but it did build into an excellent rod that has already made 3 trips to Alaska. Use it as a reference only to get you started. This is exactly as supplied by Adam at Batson:

[www.rainshadowfishing.com]

Posted by: carol staiculescu (109.99.52.---)
Date: June 08, 2012 10:51AM

Drew Pollock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> You can also try the GPS software which I found to
> be excellent-as long as you use Fuji guides:
>....................

You can also use it for other producers guides as well but it wont be as precise as it is with Fuji. All you need to do is find out with which Fuji type of guides your chosen guides resembles more (for that you only need to do some hights comparisons )

kingofbeasts custom rods

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster