I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Decals
Posted by: Chris Phillips (---.netrun.cytanet.com.cy)
Date: June 04, 2012 06:19AM

Any of you guys know some other web-store that sells really nice decals, besides Mudhole? I am always in search of extreme decals!! thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Decals
Posted by: Ron Weber (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: June 04, 2012 07:02AM

How about Decal Connection, one of the sponsors here. Link is to the left

Ron Weber

Date: June 04, 2012 07:25AM

Been there already, to be honest I found their website a bit hard to navigate around and find their products. I will keep at it though,
Many thanks!!

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 04, 2012 07:50AM

Just call them and talk to them and tell them what you want. The place that made the best decals for rods (imo) is no longer in business, Downey Decal.

Date: June 04, 2012 07:54AM

Thanks ,
will do
Regards

Posted by: Terry Turner (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: June 04, 2012 10:11AM

Yup, their website is a little odd to navigate but just call Debbie. She'll help you with what ever you need. Great service.

Terry

Posted by: Andrew Lang (208.60.60.---)
Date: June 04, 2012 01:51PM

You might want to a websearch for the water-slide decals. I know I have read on some modeling websites that builders have printed their own decals on a home printer when the provided decals don't match the markings they want. What I don't know is how color fast these would be in the sun and if the finish would bleed out the inks.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: June 04, 2012 03:17PM

Definitely Decal Connection, they do a GREAT job and the customer service is fantastic. Debbie is my "go to" for rod inscription labels and decals.

Date: June 05, 2012 03:34AM

Thanks Jim ,
I 'll get in touch with them pronto!

Posted by: Tony Scott (74.116.156.---)
Date: June 11, 2012 04:16PM

I just have add that I also really recommend Decal Connection. I build 1-3 rods per year for myself only and she takes time to work with me - making sure I get what I want and that I know how to apply them.

Besides the awesome customer service - their product is superior and I always have them make me decals even when the manufaturer has provided them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster