I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

G.Loomis decal
Posted by: Larry Grimm (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 18, 2012 10:31AM

A friend of mine gave me an older G. Loomis blank to wrap for him , he said he got the blank from Gary Loomis himself . Any way long story short , the decal that came with the blank was un -usable , and became destroyed , what i am looking for is another G. Loomis decal , I notified G. Loomis and told them what I just told you , their reply was they don't have the machine that made the decals anymore , they now silk screen by hand , (they also no longer sell blanks) . I thought maybe one of you out there would have a decal laying around , and maybe I could have it , I'll pay for it . Thank you all , Larry

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: G.Loomis decal
Posted by: Duane Richards (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: May 18, 2012 10:40AM

Decal Connection! on your left hand side this page.

DR

Posted by: John Britt (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: May 18, 2012 11:09AM

Larry you may have a problem as the Loomis decals are almost surley have a copy write and it is illegal for a company to print them,
The orginal decals also contained the info regarding the blank size line weight etc so you need this info if looking for someone who happens to have an old Loomi decal laying around because it should match the blank
John

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: May 18, 2012 12:13PM

Decal Connection will NOT make it without written permission from GLoomis

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: lewis morgan (---.dhcp.cdtw.ga.charter.com)
Date: May 18, 2012 12:43PM

Larry,
I have a good many of the old decals with the blank number on them which could be cut off . A lot of them are from the GL3's and GL2's matte finish. Most folks didn't want decals on a custom rod back then, so I just put them in a drawer in my rod room. I would be glad to mail you a few if you think they will work for you.

Lewis "Fuzz" Morgan
Cedartown, Ga.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 18, 2012 01:31PM

Put his name on and wright out the specks

Bill - willierods.com

Date: May 18, 2012 02:00PM

For Lewis "Fuzz" Morgan , your idea should work , Contact me at grimmlk@aol.com or 1-(302)-9330702 Iwould apreciate it much , thank you

Posted by: Duane Richards (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: May 18, 2012 02:03PM

All it takes is a little bit of emailing to GLoomis and then to Decal Connection and they will make them for you. You don't have to go cut hardwood or anything mind blowing to get it done and done right.

DR

Date: May 21, 2012 10:23AM

Thanks to all , most thanks to "FUZZ" Morgan !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster